Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday 5

Happy Friday! We made it.

Here are 5 things I can't get enough of this week.

1) SodaStream

We had originally registered for this but took it off our registry because it can't be shipped to APO addresses. After oggling it in the store every single time we saw it, we finally decided it was time to bring it home and make it a part of our family. I love sparkling water so I primarily use it for that and go through several bottles in a day now. TLS who has been lamenting the end of his ability to get fountain root beer over here, loves using it to make root beer and orange sodas. Worth every penny.

2) Buddy Fruits

Yes, I realize that this is a product meant primarily for children, but I don't really care. They are delicious and are great to carry in your purse when you need a snack but don't want to have an actual apple or thing of strawberries in your purse. As an added bonus, they are only 1 WW point.

3) The Hunger Games

I was late jumping on the bandwagon for this. I was worried it was going to turn out to be like Twilight- something that everyone and their mother recommended to me and that I ended up hating. TLS rented the first book from Amazon (I love the fact that you can rent books for the kindle now!) right before our honeymoon, and we were both hooked almost instantly. One day, I asked him how his day went, and he said "well I didn't get picked for the reaping." We read the first two books and are about to start book 3 probably this weekend. We can not wait for the movie to come out and are hoping that he won't deploy before it opens here.

4) My new wine rack

I saw this on Amazon and fell in love with it. The fact that I could actually have furniture delivered to my APO address fascinated me so I ordered it. Considering the luck I've been having with the APO (a package that was sent to me on December 29th is still not here!), we were shocked when it got here in 3 days. My husband put it together in about 20 minutes, and we were so impressed with it. It's real wood, not particle board, so it looks like it cost a lot more than it did and like something that belongs in a "big kid" house.
This is the finished product:

You can't tell from the picture, but the wine bucket is monogrammed, one of my favorite wedding gifts. The picture is from when we were in Zurich. It's on there temporarily until I replace it with one of those double frames that has our invitation on one side and a wedding picture on the other. One of the bottles that is on the left-hand side is a 1984 vintage port- from the year that TLS was born. I bought it for him when we were in Portugal and we are saving it until a milestone to drink it.

5) Love & Toast Sugar Grapefruit Hand Cream

I had never heard of this brand before until I spotted the bright pink packaging at the BX one day. I love anything pink and anything grapefruit, so I decided to go for it and buy one to try it out. I am so glad I did! It smells amazing and feels very light and smooth. I always have this in my purse now. My tube is almost out and I am going to buy my second one this weekend.

10 comments:

  1. Is the movie release for the Hunger Games delayed for y'all? I am so excited it comes out in a month! The whole series was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO jealous of your ability to make seltzer! I think that might be my next large purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would love to have one of those soda machines as well. Do they take up a lot of space?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally want a soda stream to make seltzer too! Is it less than buying a case of seltzer though?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buddy fruits are so yummy! I like the apple and strawberry. The pure fruit bites are also very good! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your new wine rack... I'm seriously tempted to get one for myself now! So cute!! Hope you have a great weekend :)

    XO,
    Allie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh, I thought the Soda Streams were incredible the first time we saw them at Globus. Is it worth having? (I personally think they should replace the root beer with Mezzo Mix on base, but that's just me.) Anyways... They do sell Soda Stream in the states now, so you could still use it and buy the refills! I would love love one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Hunger Games is my FAVORITE!! Just started the 3rd one yesterday and am already halfway done! I hope that the movie lives up to my expectations!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm glad you liked the hunger games - i adored them!! i didn't really like twilight, either. i finished them and thought they were kind of interesting but i didn't get all of the hype!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "well i didnt get picked for the reaping."

    DYING.

    miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete