Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Long Weekend Recap

On Saturday, I took the train do to Trier to meet a sweet Twitter friend there for a day of shopping and girl time. It definitely marked my growing confidence in being a German resident since I took the train (about a 2 hour ride each way) all by myself. (Mommy wow, I'm a big kid now!) TLS and I went to Trier last year for the Christmas Market, and it was one of our favorites. It was fun seeing how the town looked without all of the stalls and lights.
While we were shopping, we saw this giant Steiff teddy bear in a department store and I just had to hug him. It's a good thing I don't have a child yet or he may have come home with me!
isn't he adorable?
We went makeup shopping. A lot. And my friend showed me some awesome German brands that I never would have discovered on my own. I snapped up this makeup primer for 4,95 and am obsessed with the texture of it. And the price of it can't be beat. Especially when compared to my Smashbox one.

We also got sushi at an incredible restaurant and then drinks at a fun bar. I may have gotten on the train slightly tipsy but that's ok. It's Fasching season here in Germany, so when I got on the train, it was covered in drunk people and empty schnapps bottles. I was just keeping up with the Joneses.

Sunday, we spent most of the day at home on the couch or in bed reading Mockingjay. Monday, we decided to go to the outlet mall here to look at Crocs for my husband to take with him on deployment (oy, I am so not ok with men who wear Crocs), and a friend of ours joined us. The rest of the day was spent with TLS bored out of his mind while we went into every single store. I got a cute pink Petit Bateau t shirt (so glad that my fashion taste has progressed so much since the 8th grade) for only 3€ and some Lindt truffles. The true glory of the day, came from the Lacoste outlet.


If you have been reading this blog for any period of time, or follow me on twitter, you by now know that I am slightly in love with a certain cartoon beagle and his little yellow bird best friend. Last year, when Lacoste and Longchamp came out with Snoopy collections, I may have gone a bit bonkers. I tried fruitlessly calling and visiting stores in several countries (Switzerland, England, Belgium, and France- thank you international plan) to try to get my hands on some Snoopy. It didn't work. It seemed that I would get a Birkin before I got a Snoopy Lacoste polo. So rewind back to yesterday when I decided to go into the Lacoste outlet to pick up some more polo shirts. Because obviously, the one thing that my closet does not have enough of is more polo shirts. To get to the fitting room, you had to walk past the children's rack. And there, on the boy's sale rack, out of the corner of my eye, I had to do a double take when I saw him. 
please excuse my nails- I haven't been able to get a manicure appointment yet
I grabbed the largest size I could find and ran into the fitting room. Thank goodness it fit because I might have started crying right there if it didn't. To make my day even better, it was 50% off the sale price. Well that's just the universe sending me a sign, telling me I have to shop now.


I spent the rest of the evening slightly giddy and repeating the words "I have a Snoopy Lacoste polo" over and over and over and over and over. Then we went out for sushi. Again. To another conveyor belt place. I am nothing if not predictable.


We got home and watched The Amazing Race. Is it just me or are more than half of the teams this year super annoying? There are always a few teams that I don't like from episode 1 every season, but this year there just seems to be so many more of them. I am happy about the team that won the first leg, but so far I haven't found anyone I'm really excited about yet. I'm also kind of surprised that there isn't a parent/child team this year.

6 comments:

  1. What a fun trip! That bear is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so so glad you have your snoopy lacoste! it's so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like i fun weekend! I didnt hear about the snoopy lacoste collection...was it a european thing only?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you don't drive, but this is why we get so tempted to drive everywhere: we can get to Trier in 45 minutes by car, and 2 hours by train, and maybe we're bad at finding all these awesome deals we keep hearing out (49 euro round trip to London?) but every time we search, we can't find any good deals. What's the trick?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Trier! We used to go there often when I was living in Luxembourg! There was the most wonderful gummi-everything store..they had coconut flavored gummy palm trees!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look particularly pretty in that picture. Darker makeup suits you, I think.

    ReplyDelete