Monday, February 13, 2012

The Beauty of Blogging

A couple of weeks ago, I did this post about regretting not buying a Lilly Pulitzer dress back in 2009 and fruitlessly searching for it 2.5 years ago. Not knowing the style or pattern name did not exactly give me much to go on.

I got several emails based on that post with the name of the dress, but not much else. One day, KC stumbled upon my blog from Kelly's Korner and just happened to have that exact dress in her closet! I returned from my honeymoon to find this beauty waiting for me along with a sweet note.
apologies for the awkward photo- I just could not snap a good picture of this one
It needs a few minor alterations but I am so excited to wear it all this summer!

10 comments:

  1. The dress was meant to be with you! Great story about how blogging can help in such unexpected ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so exciting! What a wonderful surprise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats so awesome! You never know who or what you are going to find

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! Congratulations on getting your dream dress. I love when the Lilly fans help each other out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great gal - and great story. finding a "holy grail" dress truly can make your MONTH (yes, not just day, not just week).

    i am still pie in the sky from finding the hot air balloons shift (thanks to PPR) and even from finding the navy trail lights shift last april (thanks to JGIWC)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great story! And, what a lovely dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute dress! I can't wait for spring weather and spring clothes :) just found your blog and love it! Can't wait to read more!!

    Happy Valentine's Day!!
    XO,
    Allie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its called SPICE in manhattan! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet! Blogging really is so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete