Thursday, July 22, 2010

Need Recipe Help

Today I got to experience my first brush with moving with the military: the loss of personal items. Since I knew I would not be seeing my things for two months, I packed up several boxes and mailed them off to TLS so that I could have some of my things with me right away. When they all arrived, we just stacked them up in the hallway. Today, I  finally had the motivation to unpack. I was going through the boxes when I realized that at least one of the boxes I sent is missing. In it was my Hamsa (a good luck charm that's supposed to symbolize the hand of G-d protecting you), some kitchen accessories (spoon rest, etc.), several of my cookbooks, and the journal that I wrote down all of my recipes in.

I have a few of the recipes memorized, but unfortunately, I am going to have to start my journal all over again from scratch. If any of you have a favorite recipe that you would be so kind as to share with me, I would greatly appreciate it! Please comment with the recipes or send them to me at whaleflipflops {@} gmail {.} com. Since I am Jewish, please only send me recipes that are kosher (no pork, no meat and dairy in the same dish, and no shellfish). Thanks y'all!

9 comments:

  1. I got great noodle kugel ones for my shower!! xxxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Can you at least track where the pkg went to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I would be so upset.

    Super easy chicken recipe:
    2 or 4 chicken breasts
    1 envelope onion soup mix
    8 oz. Russian or Catalina dressing
    8 oz. apricot or pineapple preserves

    Mix last three together. Pour over chicken. Bake at 350 for an hour (or until chicken is done). I add drained pineapple or drained mandarin oranges for fun. I serve with white rice and a salad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry:(

    I have a ton of recipes...let me see what I have that fits in your diet.

    Have a great evening sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH NO! I'm so very sorry. You never know....that box could show up one day soon:) That happened to me once!

    I'm the worst cook. I do, however, have a lovely home made cookbook with recipes handed down to me that are quite tasty. Let me just have a peek this weekend, and I'll see what's what. Hopefully I can share some of my faves with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have a tracking number to find the box with?

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh no, how heartbreaking! i'll work on sending you some!

    ReplyDelete