Monday, October 25, 2010

New York, New York, it's a wonderful town

In just 8 short days, I will be on a flight from Frankfurt heading to JFK. (I have flown into Frankfurt twice before, but this will be my first time flying out of it at the beginning of a trip and getting to call it my home airport. Weird.) While my schedule is jam-packed and I have something going on pretty much every single day/night this week which means that I don't even know when I can pack, I could not be more excited for this trip. I know my mother is going crazy. I am an only child and this is the longest that she has ever gone without seeing me by far. Here are some things I cannot wait to do in New York.

*Get my hair straightened. I have been told by people that I have naturally gorgeous hair and I take it as a huge compliment for my hair dresser. Not a single strand of hair on my head is natural. I have super curly hair (I tell people that I resemble a black sheep that's been left out in the rain for too long) and get Japanese straightening done on it every 6-8 months or so.
*Day of fun with my MOH. Tea at Alice's Tea Cup (you have not lived until you have eaten one of their pumpkin scones), picking out bridesmaid dresses, and dinner and drinks.
*Shake Shack
*Crumbs cupcakes
*Getting a winter coat. I need a new one badly and my mommy said she wants to buy me one. (My mother is not an overly sentimental person. When she starts to miss me, she tends to show her affection through her wallet.)
*Lilly Pulitzer. Duh.
*Seeing my Nana. Even if she doesn't remember who I am any more.
*All you can eat sushi and J. Crew sample sale with my other BFF and bridesmaid.
*Dinner at my favorite restaurant, Gyu Kaku.
*Possible hair and makeup trial for my wedding.
*Getting our holiday cards. Surprisingly, there just isn't a market for Hannukah cards in Germany.
*Same goes for Hannukah candles.
*Seeing a lot of my old friends.
*Getting a bra made for our wedding. Not fun or cheap but very necessary.
*Brunch with my mommy and cousin.
*Gray's Papaya Hot Dogs
*getting a real pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks


Ok, so I realize that a lot of these involve food, but it just would not be me if it was any other way!

16 comments:

  1. getting a bra made?? oh wow... that sounds a bit uncomfortable. i hate shopping for bras, let alone being custom fitted for one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh you will be in nyc the same time that i will be there :) yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh grays papaya. Im not sure if I told you this story. In feb when I was in NYC with JAB we went and got lunch at grays. well I asked the man if papaya juice was good and he said yes so I could a big cup of it. I downed it in like 5 sec and ate my 2 hotdogs. I read the sign about papaya juice, but I didnt understand it so I ignored it. lets just say I was back at the hotel room for a solid hour afterwords. lol

    have an amazing time in NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a WONDERFUL time! Um - shake shack -- YES! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun fun fun! Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow......that sounds like a non-stop but oh so fun trip!! I would so love to go to NYC. Esp in the month of Nov/Dec.

    I hope your trip is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would want to eat everything too!!! You'll have so much fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fun trip,

    Enjoy!!!

    Mrs. Mix It

    ReplyDelete
  9. A woman has to eat! Enjoy your trip. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a wonderful itinerary. Safe journey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy Cow, what a great slate of plans Miss PGMW! Crumbs, Lilly & the sample sale sound like loads of fun, but having time with your family and friends will be the best.

    Sending you a smile,
    tp

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like me when I go home -- most of the to-do's are actually "to-eats"! Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eating is my number one hobby. This trip sounds like fun!! I bet it will be good to be back in the states...I only wish I could come up and see you...what with all your free time and all ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. BFF JILL here - totes jeal and feeling bad that I am going to be the dead-beat bridesmaid that can't make it to NY in that window (D8 District Day and 0 vacation days left for the year).
    Loves you more than Woodstock loves Snoopy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have always wanted to get a bra made so please share the deets on that! It's so frustrating trying to find a bra for my double d's.

    Have a fabulous trip!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am SO jealous of the pumpkin spice latte! I have been craving starbucks since I got here - I went every week or two (unless I was having a special week or an especially tough one, haha). You might as well get the peppermint mocha frappachino, too! (Sadly, I haven't even been the coffee shop at in the E-club. Do they sell frappachino's there?) How long will you be gone? We are debating weather or not to go in the next few months, but our home town is Rockford/Chicago. I have never been to New York City, and I hope someday we get too! Have fun and enjoy family, friends, and wedding planning!

    ReplyDelete