Friday, October 15, 2010

two things I just don't understand

1) Deutsche Post

For some reason, every single piece of mail that our friends have sent to us at our German address (whether it be addressed to just me or to the both of us), has gotten returned to sender saying that there is insufficient address information provided. Yet somehow, Deutsche Post has no problem delivering our bills or an incessant pile of junk mail to us.

2) New York Magazine

For the past month or so, I have been receiving a weekly subscription to New York Magazine. This on its own is not odd. What is odd about it is that I have never bought a subscription to New York Magazine. I also never received a card in the mail telling me that someone had purchased a subscription for me. Apparently my subscription just kind of materialized out of thin air? If anyone reading this did buy the subscription for me, please let me know so that I can thank you properly.

5 comments:

  1. Please tell me that when I re-sent your package you got it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that has to be completely frustrating about the mail. Ironic about the bills though. Shame those never seem to get lost in the mail and never found again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AARRRRGGGHHH I DO NOT LOVE YOUR POSTAL SERVICE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. but dont you just love NYmag? i'm not a new yorker and have never been and started getting it and ADORE it! ive re-subscribed twice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nymag is the best thing ever! DO You read their blogs? i literally would not be able to function at work if they ever blocked the website

    ReplyDelete