Sunday, August 14, 2011

randoms

*Have been a combination of highs and lows lately. I've been really stressed out and anxious lately and the hives I keep getting have not made things any easier. Got an increased dose of my blood pressure meds since the lower dose wasn't working. It's completely screwed up my sleeping cycle. I'm scared of what's to come this week but I'll be glad to be able to put it behind me.
*I have started to feel a bit better and on Friday night I even made 6 challahs for our chapel. (Only 5 made it there.) I made all plain and decided to experiment and made on chocolate chip stuffed one that I nicknamed Chippy. There was a clear favorite and I will be making more of those in the future. (To all those who asked, I will be posting my challah recipe later on.)
*My mother made her first Lilly Pulitzer purchase- 2 dresses from the Rue La La sale on Friday. I'm not sure why. She did say that if they don't work for her and she's in a good mood, then they will go to me. Really hoping that they don't work for her!
*Finally read The Help. I'm a fast reader so it only took me a day. I loved the book and am very excited for the movie. The Germany release date for it is November 17, 2011 so I'm really hoping that it comes out at the base theater before then!
*I needed new glasses so a month or so ago, I bought a cute pair from the optical here on base. Then, a few weeks later, Coastal Contacts had a free glasses promotion so I decided to order a pair thinking that it never hurts to have an extra pair for emergencies or in case you misplace one. I decided to get these purple ones because they were a little more bold than what I normally go for and I figured, hey they're free. If I don't like them, not a huge loss.
They came a little while ago and I love them! I've been wearing them all the time lately. Is it bad that I like the glasses I got for free more than the ones I actually paid for?
*My cousin is getting married in Philadelphia next month and I have been spending a lot of time lately looking for the perfect dress to wear. I am picky with dresses- I don't wear black and I want something with straps. I really want this dress from Lilly Pulitzer, but it's in pre-orders right now and looks like it won't be ready to ship until after the wedding, which does nothing to help me.
I think I may end up going with this dress instead. I love the shape and colors of it, but I can't decide which of the two shades I would want to get.

7 comments:

  1. Have a great time in Philadelphia! So many great places to see.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that Lilly dress. To tell you the truth, I'm not really in love with the fall selection, but I do like that one! Sorry it won't be available in time for the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Lilly dress is beautiful! So classy! Enjoy the wedding :)

    ~KAH
    http://cocktailsandfriendship.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my god, that lilly dress is ADORABLE! so chic, so you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now, I am a total Suzi Chin fan, so I ADORE that dress! And I just ordered free Coastal Contacts classes too!!!! Paid $11 in taxes and shipping, and I desperately needed new lenses, so now I will have a backup pair and a pair with good lenses for "right now". So excited. Glad you love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you will look good in any dress! And all this bed rest gives me more time to play you in WWF :) xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  7. more reasons why we are the same person: i am ALSO a speedreader and i ALSO like my cheap glasses WAY better than my chanel ones!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete