Monday, September 21, 2009

Changes in Lattitude, Changes in Attitude, nothing remains quite the same

This past weekend was Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year. Since no one wants to hear about my family dinner or my Nana's latest shenanigans courtesy of her Alzheimer's and Dementia, I will spare you.

Because this year will be full of many firsts and lasts for me, I got to making a to-do list of things that I need to do/accomplish before I move. Some of them are easy, others not so much. I figured I'd share them with my blog readers.

*Buy an I <3 NY Shirt
Totally cheesy and touristy but I do like the I <3 NY logo and I figure it will be a nice thing to have once I'm not actually living in NY any more.
*Go ice skating in Wollman Rink or Bryant Park at least once.
Off the ice, I have the grace and composure of a blind elephant on ice, so just picture what I must be like strapped to two very thin blades. For this very reason I have avoided going ice skating at all costs. However, it is a very New York thing to do and I know that I will regret it later on if I don't do this at least once in my life.
*Learn how to drive.
Don't laugh. I lived in Manhattan from ages 7-25 and never had any reason to learn how to drive. I finally got a learners' permit when I turned 20 so that I would have a legal id to go out with when I turned 21. My learners' permit expired when I turned 25. I have yet to renew it.
*Go see at least one more Broadway show that isn't Phantom of the Opera.
I would love, love, love to see Wicked, Mary Poppins, or the Little Mermaid.
*Try every cupcake flavor at Crumbs at least once.
The Urban Whisk, B is for Brown, and Preppy Coastee, want to help me with this one?
*Attend a Fashion Week show.
I have wanted to do this for years but have not been proactive at all about it or done anything to actually attend a show. I don't know anyone who works in the industry, so I don't actually know how I would do this, but I would really like to attend a show. Any show. If any one reading this can get me in to a Spring show, please take pity on me. I will give you major blog love if you do.
*Attend a Yankees game in the new stadium.
Raise your hand if you'd like to go with me.
*Learn German
I have always loved studying foreign languages and won an award in high school for being the only person in my grade to study three foreign languages (French, Italian, and Greek). (In an ironic twist of fate, my high school actually offered German and the German teacher asked if I'd be interested in taking her class and I said no because I did not see myself ever needing to know a single word of German. Who's laughing now?) One of the things that I think is really cool about me is the fact that I am bilingual, and I would love to be able to know at least some conversational German so I'm not a total fish out of water when I get there.
*Get at least one more ASA letter shirt.
(preferably with Lilly Pulitzer letters)
Who cares if I won't have any chapter meetings, recruitment events, etc. to wear it to? I can wear it around the house to play Wii and skype KMH and KMB.

**List will be updated progressively throughout the year.**

10 comments:

  1. i love everything on your to-do list and would be delighted to join you for cupcakes and anything else you desire!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Skype!

    Why don't you come out to Chicago and KMH and I will teach you to drive. Lots and lots of cornfields. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know if you've seen any of those Broadway shows yet, but I totally recommend seeing Wicked. I was so pleasantly surprised by that show I can't even tell you. Mary Poppins was also good, but Wicked was ... magical!

    Wish I could go on your cupcake quest with you! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list!! If I were anywhere near NYC I'd go to fashion week (that is if I had any connections which I don't) and/ or the yankees game with you! Those are both my my wish list!! Hope you enjoy your year and love reading about all your preparations for the big move :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got ur postcard from London - lovely! I hope you got my letter?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw The Little Mermaid last time I was in NYC and I absolutely LOVED it! I would definitely recommend it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please see Wicked - it's amazing and I adored it! As for the rest of your list =) At least you know what you need to get done!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. L'shana tovah little lady. I love your to do list and I hope you do everything on it!! and please invite me to the crumbs tasting... xxxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  9. i want to go to a yankee game with you.

    and you need to do other touristy things before you leave. we'll have to confer.

    ReplyDelete