Tuesday, September 29, 2009

weekend recap or why MRM's digestive tract may quit on her

This past weekend, my sorority's regional leadership team had a meeting to prepare for next week's regional conference. This is a bittersweet moment for me as it will be my last one. (If any ASAs who plan on attending are reading this- it may be a good idea to bring at least 100 boxes of kleenex with you. I plan on using every single one of them. Waterproof mascara may not be a bad idea either.) I spent both Friday and Saturday night at a sister's house. I tell people that what sets ASAs apart from everyone else is our dietary habits. In such, here is a food summary of my weekend.

grilled cheese sandwich for breakfast
water
cup of Earl Grey tea
Twizzlers provided at meeting
mini boxes of Milk Duds provided at meeting
Lunch at meeting: grilled cheese sandwich, cheese fries, and coleslaw
Dinner at Melting Pot
Cocoa Puffs and Twizzlers for breakfast on Sunday

For anyone who was wondering what it is I do for a living, this post provides you with a big hint- I am not a nutritionist.

Are we seeing a pattern here? It may not have been such a bad thing that Yom Kippur was yesterday. It gave my body a chance to burn off some of the 80 jillion or so calories that I consumed over the weekend. It may or may not be such a bad thing that District Day may be my last event, since I'm not sure how much longer my digestive tract can tolerate me being an Alpha Sigma Alpha. (Emails regarding nourishment for this event included mention of a value-size tub of Twizzlers from BJs.)

My other big excitement of the weekend is that I was contacted by Accent Furniture to do a product review for them. Since TLS and I are starting to think about our house and what we'll need for it, I jumped at the chance to do it. It turned out that they carry one of the items that we registered for, so in a few days, this baby will be mine.

I cannot wait to try it out! (As if I needed an excuse to open a bottle of wine.)

On a totally unrelated note- Preppy Coastee and I had plans to go to the Lilly Pulitzer Warehouse Sale, which I was looking forward to immensely. Sadly, after realizing that we need to pay for a $950 marriage license, I don't think I will be able to buy anything there unless it's on like 90% off sale. I will still be planning on attending, so if there is something that you absolutely positively have to have and are willing to pay the shipping from NY, email me, and I will see if I can pick it up for you. (Since I can only carry so much, I can only make guarantees for the first three people who email me.)

8 comments:

  1. How cool is that wine opener?!?! I have a rabbit, or whatever it's called, but it's nowhere near as nifty as this one. Can't wait to hear how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun wine opener! Looking forward to the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my eating habits were even worse than that this weekend! that is a cool gadget!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a day of my life eating these days, bad news! $950 for a marriage license, crazy! But being married will be so worth is! PS Preppy Coastee went private, what gives?? I want an invite if you read this missy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just curious, have you attended the Lilly P sale before? This is the first time I've really lived close enough to attend it, and I've got some ladies lined up to go with me! Any tips on what to expect would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you were definitely looking for some new ways to "nest". A product review is definitely a good option!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you are still going to the sale, hopefully you will find some treasures that are outrageous deals as well. :)

    And the wine opener is amazing, holy cow! BTW, the Cocoa Puffs and Twizzlers make perfect sense to me, an ideal part of the meal. Hee-hee-hee.

    Sending you a big smile Miss Flip-Flops,
    tp

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could go to the Lilly sale! I am in shock...$950 for a marriage license????? Lord have mercy, 25 years ago, I think we paid $25!

    ReplyDelete