Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Gap is not Born to Fit

For as long as I can remember, I have always had a hard time finding jeans. I'm short and curvy, and jeans-wise, that's no fun to shop for. I have also never had much luck when it comes to shopping at the Gap. I will see a lot of cute things that I want, take like twenty things into the dressing room, and walk out with *maybe* one shirt. The fit on things just generally tends to be a bit awkward and unflattering. After several bloggers started raving about their new Born to Fit jeans, I decided to give them a chance. I walked into the dressing room with several pairs, and once again walked out disappointed. The fit was once again, as horrible as ever. I tried the Curvy jeans, which is what I normally go for in stores. These were not designed for women with actual curves, and I had to go up several sizes until it looked like I was swimming in the jeans. Needless to say I will not getting any jeans from the Gap and don't have any positive things to say about them.


While I was there, I did get to pick up two cute sweaters and these adorable ballet flats.
I got a book of ten coupons for 25% off one regularly-priced pair of jeans. Since I have no use for them, I am offering them to my blog readers. If you are interested in a coupon, leave a comment on here or email me at whaleflipflops {@} gmail {.} com.

15 comments:

  1. Ooh, I would LOVE a coupon! I'm always on the lookout for good new jeans, and I keep hearing about these. Who knows if they will fit, of course...!

    LOVE the little ballet flats...perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am curvy, even though I am only 115 pounds! I am in love with Red Engine Jeans- they dont flare out at the back above my butt and if you are short like I am they come in petite- LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have ALWAYS had a horrible time finding/wearing jeans so mostly I don't wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been able to fit in their jeans either. I have long legs. If it fits in the waist and butt area, it's going to be way to short. I did a little back to school shopping there for the kids and walked away with only one boys shirt. Everything else was a little gangsta or hoochimama for my kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the exact same problem - if jeans fit my hips they are huge at the waist! And jeans seem to be made for people with tiny thighs and huge waists...I dont get that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only jeans I own are Seven for all Mankind which I love love love. I'm only 5'3 with a JLo booty=)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get Shoes! I was just in there getting the last of their empire sun dresses on sale. Was lucky to find three. If anyone loves their Heaven or Dream...it is buy one get one free. 24.50 value!!
    xxx me

    ReplyDelete
  8. I meant to type great shoes!! Flu head!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE those shoes! You're definitely not alone, also, I hate jeans shopping! It's so difficult to find the right fit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My friend said the exact same thing about the curvy born to fit jeans. I still want to try them because Gap is one place that usually fits me.

    Love the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those shoes are adorable. Bummer you didn't have luck with the jeans!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want those adorable shoes! I love anything with a bow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those shoes! And I am definitely interested in a coupoooon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The ballet flasts are presh!!

    Also, I'm pretty much straight up and down. No curves at all. AND...GAP jeans still don't fit me for some reason? I haven't a clue whose body they make those jeans for...but it isn't this girl's :)

    ReplyDelete