Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happy Fall everyone!

Today is officially the first day of fall. Ok, technically it may not be the official first day of fall, but it's the First Day of Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks, which is pretty darn close. Even though I have said numerous times that I get cold in anything below 73 degrees, I love fall. The colors, the foods, the clothes, all of it. Here is my list of the best and worst things about fall.

+Pumpkin Spice Lattes
-The end of the Treat Receipts at Starbucks
+Pumpkin Pie
+Cute Sweaters
-Weather getting too cold for flip flops
+Sorority Recruitment
-Sorority Recruitment (all of the advisors on here especially know what I'm talking about- nothing beats the sheer joy and rapture that is sitting in a room for 2 hours listening to 50 18-22 year olds argue oveer what shade of pink the recruitment shirts should be this year)
+Going apple picking
-I still have yet to get the zipper on my black North Face fixed
+Rosh Hashanah
-Yom Kippur
+Watching the beautiful foliage in upstate NY
-Getting dozens of emails from collegians saying "I paid dues for three years. Do I really have to pay for the fourth year too?" Yes. You do.
+Apple Cider
+The return of quality programming on tv
+School supplies even though I don't really need them
+Not feeling like I'm going to melt every time I leave the house
+Going to England in 3 days
-Missing Fashion's Night Out
-The End of Restaurant Week for those restaurants that keep it going through Labor Day

I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of them at the moment because I am too busy fantasizing about yet another Venti Pumpkin Spice Latte with Extra Whip. Nothing starts your day off right like a 10,000 calorie morning beverage.

So what are your favorite and least favorite things about fall?

11 comments:

  1. "Nothing starts your day off right like a 10,000 calorie morning beverage." - I love this statement - classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love fall!
    My favorite things have to be the plaids and argyle prints, jackets and cool weather. I love being able to start wearing socks and breaking out the clothes for more crisp weather! I absolutely love the leaves changing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall is my fave!!!
    Sweaters, warm drinks, bonfires, scarves etc! Oh and being able to wear makeup without it melting off my face before I get to the car!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your list! I'm completely missing fall this year, unfortunately, as the southern hemisphere is just entering Spring. I miss what you mentioned, but at least I can still wear flip flops :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE college football and sweaters & kakhis (no coats) but maybe a pair of mittens are needed

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh college football... I love fall enough as it is but throw in watching my Vols play and it's game on.

    It was only 75 here today and I got excited - can't wait for those crisp days that a sweater is perfect for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your list!! I am finally getting excited for Fall - probably because of the cool weather we have been having!!

    And HOPEFULLY GETTING TO MEET YOU!!! I'm so excited!! I will be in NYC November 13th - 18th :)

    I can't believe you leave in 3 days!! You are going to have such an amazing time!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looove starbucks pumpkin spice latte. Oh yummy. I love fall. So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Fall, especially Halloween!

    ReplyDelete