Sunday, June 20, 2010

annoyed- vent post

I just have some things I need to get off my chest. One thing, really. I am  moving in 9 days. I have to leave for the airport on Tuesday at 2:30-3:00pm, which gives me about 7 full days left. I told all of my friends months ago that I was moving and time for us to hang out was running out. I don't know if they did not believe me or if they thought that they had more time than they really did or what, but a few have just not been around or been there for me as much as I thought or would have liked. One friend in particular, CSK, would always im me wanting to hang out at the last possible second when I already had plans, particularly ones that could not be changed. I am holding a farewell party on Saturday night as a final get together with all of my friends. CSK told me that she can't make it as she already has a birthday party that day that she rsvp'd for a long time ago. Completely understandable. She ims me just now asking me if we can hang out one day this week to grab lunch or dinner. My reply was "doubtful." I will not be at home all day tomorrow, have plans with friends two other nights, have a meeting with my wedding planner, and have movers coming on Thursday morning, and I still need to sort a lot of my things to determine what is and isn't going with me for that. She starts telling me how she is hurt by my actions and how it's unfair of me to not be able to spare an hour for her and all this stuff. I told you months ago that I was leaving, why did you wait until the last month when things were at their craziest for me to try to make plans? And now you're trying to make yourself look like the victim here? That is completely not fair to me!

6 comments:

  1. In my opinion, you have given plenty of notice. I know this move is hard for you but your friend had plenty of time to make plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have every right to be annoyed by this! Your friend's failure to plan is her problem, not yours. Personally, I think a going away party for someone moving to ANOTHER COUNTRY trumps a birthday. Just sayin'.

    Hope your last few days in NYC are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had something similar happen to me. A friend backed out the day of bridal shower which was about a month before I moved. The week before she asked if we could do coffee and I said I dont think so. Unfortunately, we havent spoken since. I'd like to think its now b/c of the distance but maybe our bond isnt strong enough. When you move, you'll learn who your true friends are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She doesn't seem like a very considerate friend!! Tell her she can come help you pack if she wants to see you so badly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes people just suck. I've had my fair share of friends who have done crappy things like this. You gave plenty of notice, but obviously it wasn't on the top of her priority list. That kind of behavior starts to show true colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know the feeling, people are not as considerate as you and I. Have a AMAZING WEEK!

    ReplyDelete