Thursday, June 10, 2010

Lilly Sale Goodies

Let me start this off by saying that like many others, I too, was disappointed in this year's sale. In November, I only went on the last two days, and got a ton of merchandise, including samples. This time around, there were not as many samples, and the ones that were there were gone way too quickly. By the time I got there at like 3:30pm on Wednesday, the only samples that were left were damaged items. Also, the sheer amount of merchandise was not as good last time. I was expecting a lot more. (In November I got four dresses, as opposed to only one this time around.) With all that said and done though, I still got some great merchandise and am very happy with my haul.
The haul (carefully being guarded by Snoopy).
Halle Sweater in Hotty Pink and White. 
The Halle is one of my favorite items that Lilly makes. It fits perfectly and is a staple in my closet. I have several already in various colors, so when I saw two in my size for $49 each (they usually sell for $98!), I grabbed them right away!
Clare Dress in Prep Green Hit the Spot
The Clare is a dress that I have been eyeing in the store for quite some time but was not sure that I wanted to spend the full retail amount on it. Luckily, I didn't have to. It fits perfectly and is extremely flattering. The picture does not do this one justice. The colors are beautiful and vibrant. I may break this baby out for my birthday this year!
Simple Skirt in True Blue Mari Time
Love the print and fabric of this one. It's a possibility for 4th of July with a red or white polo.
Casey V Neck Top in Shorely Blue, Navy, and White.
I am a creature of habit. When I find something that works for me, I buy it in every color. I already have this one in Hotty Pink, yellow, and green. You can never go wrong with a good basic item.
Vivi Top in  Cameo White Bird on a Wire
I have the Sabine Shirt dress in this print and it is one of my favorite prints. The top is incredibly
comfortable and flattering and can be worn in 3 out of 4 seasons, which makes it a winner in my book. I already wore it today. If they had had this one in more colors, I probably would have bought multiples of this one as well.
Two packs ofChristmas Cards
Not the most exciting of purchases, but Christmas cards are something that you're always going to need in bulk. I like to buy a lot of various packs and send different cards to different people. Last year, despite buying what at the time seemed like way too many cards, I actually ran out and had to buy one or two more packs at the very end, so it seemed like a great time to start stocking up. (Buying Christmas cards in Germany will be more of a challenge than buying them in England was, which is where more than half of last year's cards came from.)
Wink Perfume Gift Set
I wear Wink every day (both TLS and I love it) and since Sephora won't ship to APO addresses, I wanted to get some more before I left. Getting it on sale and with the lotion was an added bonus.

Those are all of the things I got for myself. In addition, Pagie of Monograms and Margaritas sent me a check and asked me to play stylist for her. These lovely dresses will be calling her closet home soon:
Sabine Shirt Dress Crinkle in Cameo White Bird on a Wire
See a pattern here? I am obsessed with mine and convinced her that her life and closet would not be complete without it!
Worth Shift in Casa Marina Sewn Patch
Lola Dress in Daiquiri Pink Wishing You Were Here

7 comments:

  1. You bought some lovely items! Your friend will be very pleased with your choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some really cute things! Glad to hear there were SOME samples in the days after when it opened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. too bad you didn't find anything...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with you about the sale. I found stuff but overall fall was a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blue rope skirt!I went Wednesday morning and there weren't a lot of samples. I did a post on the sale today too! It's fun to see what other folks got. Have a great weekend and enjoy your Lilly! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. MRM, I am so upset about missing the CLARE dress. That's been on my wish list too! Do you mind me asking how much it was? :-) Great haul, XOXO

    ReplyDelete