Tuesday, June 29, 2010

So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye

Just had a momentary panic/awwww moment as I realized that this will probably be my last blog post from the United States. The day that at some point seemed like it was so far away or was never going to actually come is here. These last few days have been crazy for me, in between trying to see everyone, eat absolutely every thing that I know I'm going to miss once I'm overseas, pack/unpack/repack, etc. Last night I went out for the Last Supper with one of my close friends from middle school. Today, I am doing one last mani/pedi/Sephora run to stock up on the makeup that I can't get over there, then one last burger at Shake Shack (those burgers are so amazing that I am about 2.5 seconds away from composing a love ballad about one). It turns out that one of my sorority sisters has a flight that leaves from the same terminal at Newark as mine does, about 30 minutes before me, so we are meeting up for one (ok, a few) last drink(s), then it's wheels up!

I promise I will resume blogging ASAP once I'm over there and will post lots of pictures! Thank you to everyone for all of your support these past few months. It has meant the world to me. Also, if you haven't done so yet, you still have some time to enter my Preppy Princess giveaway.

9 comments:

  1. I seriously just teared up *tear* reading this post. I'm so happy for you, and so excited for you! I can't wait to hear all your experiences from abroad. *BIG hugs*
    Xoxo,
    JM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! It seems like you've been waiting for this for so long....have a safe trip and we'll see you on the other side (sorry for my lack of posting lately, have been so busy..barely able to even post myself!) But I have been reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, girl, I love that you've made the most of every single last second you have here. You are going to have such an amazing adventure in Germany and will build so many incredible memories of your early life with TLS. Your grandkids will be so lucky to hear all the fun stories!!

    If you ever make your way to Munich - let me know. One of my best friends grew up there and she LOVES Americans and the chance to speak English. I can try to get the 2 of you in touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a safe trip, my friend! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures overseas. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO fun you'll get to see a sorority sister at the airport but still super hard! Enjoy your lasts days surrounded my friends and everything else you won't have over in Germany! I'm a somewhat new follower that has commented much but love you blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great trip. Can't wait to read all your blog posts about your exciting new life overseas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a safe trip! Can't wait to hear about your new adventures overseas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Safe travels! Can't wait to read about your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am soo excited and happy for you! & dont worry- you will be back soon enough and then you will miss living over there. just remember life is an adventure and you have your first mate so make it all worth while!

    ReplyDelete