Saturday, June 12, 2010

Digital Camera Help

My birthday is coming up in just over a month. My I've had my current digital camera for around 4 years now, and it's starting to show it's age. It's a lot thicker than all of the cameras that are out on the market now, and it drains the battery. I can't keep the battery in it at all, because if I do, by the time I go to actually take a picture, it will be completely dead. I ended up getting a second battery for it, and on the picture-heavy days, two batteries are just barely enough (and sometimes they aren't enough at all!). So when my parents asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I told them a new digital camera.

I am not a technologically minded person at all. When it comes to new technology, I am usually one of the last people to get something. While I am salivating over the iPad, I will wait until it comes as a second or third generation product before getting one. Things like zoom, megapixel, etc. all go way over my head. All I know about technology is how it looks. I'm the same way with cars. When TLS asked me what kind of car I wanted us to have in Germany, I said "pretty." So when my parents asked me what kind of a digital camera I wanted, I said "pink." For some reason, they thought I was kidding. I'm not really sure why. This coming from the girl who used to only eat the strawberry ice cream in the Neapolitan because it was the prettiest.

My parents told me to get serious, figure out what I wanted, and tell them the exact model I want. You'd really think that after 26+ years, they'd get to know their own daughter. Like I said, I really have no clue what the difference is between any of the digital cameras that are currently out on the market is. If any of you have a model that you love, please let me know. The only thing I do know that I want in a camera other than the color is a big screen. My current camera (a Fuji Finepix V10) has a massive screen that I love.

10 comments:

  1. I have a Sony Cybershot which is generally regarded as pretty excellent - although I prefer the Canon Elph I had before that.... so my votes go for those. And I researched both EXTENSIVELY before the fact.

    I love cameras.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had that exact same Fuji camera.. it died last summer and I replaced it with the newer version. DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID!! It is not as good :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my Canon PowerShot. And I have had every camera under the fun...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got a Nikon Coolpix S3000 and I LOVE IT! It takes the best pictures & is on sale at Bestbuy right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had two Sony Cybershots I hated. I have a big fancy digital Canon Rebel I loved, so this last camera I bought, I bought a Canon Powershot SD1200 in pink, and it is HOT pink, and I adore it. It takes great photos, is small, the battery life lasts forever. Canon makes great cameras and the photos I have are wonderful. I would totally recommend it. You can find it here:
    http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10051_10051_212879_-1?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_keyword=pink%20canon%20sd1200is&utm_campaign=PowerShot

    I can't rave about it enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got a Canon Rebel. LOVE IT. But if you're looking for small and sleek, I'd say the Canon Power Shot. My mom got one just before my wedding, and it takes incredible pictures. In my family, we've had Kodaks and Nikons and they just never measure up. Now the whole family has Canons. I'm sure they have a pink one, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can only suggest a brand - Canon. The only kind my grandpa would buy. And I have followed in his footsteps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you're just wanting something to take with you, say in your purse, we really like our Canon powershot. It takes really good pictures for a small camera.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've owned two Canon PowerShots and they are the way to go.

    CNET review on Canon PowerShot SD1300 IS:
    http://tinyurl.com/255whhm

    And it comes in PINK on Amazon!
    http://tinyurl.com/2f2lyde

    xoxo KMB

    ReplyDelete
  10. cannon powershot all the way! everyone who has one loves it. i have a sony and i hate it, wish it would die so i can get a new one.

    ReplyDelete