Thursday, June 10, 2010

mail call

I have started sending out our moving announcements to family and friends. I have a huge stack that's waiting to be addressed and stamped! I have been getting a lot of messages asking me about my address and when to send mail to me, so I thought I would do a post about it, instead of having to rewrite the same thing over and over.

I am moving on June 29th. The movers are scheduled to come on June 24th. After that I will be moving in with my parents for a few days before I leave. If you want to send me anything to my current address, please do it before June 17th. This gives it some leeway so things don't get lost in the mail.

When I get to Germany, I will need to apply for command sponsorship. This will put me on TLS's orders. Until that happens, I am theoretically not supposed to receive mail on base. It is not as big a deal for cards and letters as it is for packages since those need to be picked up. To err on the side of caution, for now, if you have to send anything to my APO address, please send it to TLS and put for MRM somewhere on the envelope so he knows to give it to me. (Cards and letters sent to this address just require a regular stamp and can be dropped in the mailbox. Packages sent here are charged American shipping rates but they do require a customs form.)

For our physical address in Germany (our apartment), any mail sent there can be addressed directly to me. Cards and letters to that address just require an international airmail stamp, and packages also require a customs form.

If you want either of my addresses or want me to send you a moving announcement, please email me.

2 comments: