Friday, June 25, 2010

now I know how Nate Archibald felt

Yesterday, when the movers were here, they jammed something in my door to keep it from closing. When they left, they took it out, but the door still wouldn't close. I managed to get it closed last night when I went home. Today, when I got here, I opened the door, but could not get it closed. My mother and I cleaned here and packed up. We were unable to close the door at all. After several angry phone calls and messages with the moving company, I was able to get them to send someone out here between 10:00-12:00 tomorrow. I was supposed to meet my landlady tonight at 9:00pm to hand over the keys to my apartment and needless to say that didn't happen. It was not safe to leave my apartment with the door half open and a lot of my stuff in it overnight, so I had to spend the night here. My bed is gone. My sheets are gone. My blankets are gone. My towels are gone so I can't take a shower in the morning. My lamp is gone. I have no food here. I am squatting in my own house. Now I know exactly how Nate Archibald felt.

5 comments:

  1. Oh no! Hang in there, tomorrow will be a much better day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is miserable! I hate feeling out of sorts like that...You will be TLS soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stinks! Hope your trip goes more smoothly than the movers went.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's so hard! Glad the movers are coming to fix it! Good luck with everything! You're about finished!

    ReplyDelete