Thursday, June 11, 2009

Another etiquette question

I have another etiquette question for all of you. In 23 days, I will be seeing TLS again (just booked my tickets today- yay!). We will be going to the game with his brother and sister-in-law. Brother and SIL have three dogs and we are both deathly allergic, so we will not be staying in their house and will instead be getting a hotel room for two nights. I was always taught that guests do not show up empty-handed, and am planning on bringing them some cupcakes from Crumbs, my favorite NYC bakery that they both have been wanting to try. My question is- will the cupcakes be enough or should I bring something else with them?

11 comments:

  1. I would think that would be enough. Maybe after, you can send some Thank you flowers!

    -E

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the cupcakes are just fine since you are not staying at their house. If you want to do something more, you can treat them to dinner, but I think the cupcakes really are enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a bottle of wine is great addition! That is if you plan on having some while you are there
    I also ...love to send something little after I have stayed with someone with a fabulous handwritten thank-you.
    Even if it is a little dishtowel that matches their kitchen. Something that you noticed they needed when you were their guest.
    I have actually had guest come with out a gift..no thank you notes....they are the same guests that I treated them to dinner- numerous times. This is why- I no longer have a guest room! So more is best...it comes back to you!!
    xxxxx me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the cupcakes should def be enough to bring. And then send a thank you note!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think its enough. You can send a thank you after the trip too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree on the cupcakes being enough. However, if they are wine drinkers, maybe you could pick up a bottle of wine that would complement the cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the cupcakes are enough. The gift is more about the gesture, so it shouldn't matter what it is as long as it's well-intentioned and something they would appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that would be enough!! That is such a sweet thought and very personalized for them. You are too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cupcakes are enough. Anything more may make them feel uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the cupcakes are fine, but if you really aren't comfortable bringing just those, a bottle of wine to drink with the cupcakes or a cupcake tree (to hold them) both work with the idea...

    ReplyDelete