Monday, June 22, 2009

itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka dot bikini

I got home from work on Friday to discover a package from Victoria's Secret waiting for me. I was so excited because I thought it meant that one of my friends had ordered pajamas or lip gloss or something for me. Inside of the package was a bikini. There was no gift note on the package, and the order slip did not say who ordered it for me. I called VS customer service and they could not locate the order number or the name on the order (the package was sent from their warehouse). I thought maybe TLS had ordered it so I called him. You know he loved hearing "honey did you order anything from Victoria's Secret for me?" Apparently no one I know got this for me. Creepy!
The bikini is actually really cute and of course totally not my size. I guess that's to be expected when random strangers buy you swimwear. You can't return VS catalog/online purchases in a store, and I can't return it, so now I am stuck with it. (The bottom is too big, and the top is way too small.) If anyone wants to buy it from me, be my guest. Both the top and bottom are a size M.
That actually was the only bit of excitement that I got over the weekend. I did start packing for Chicago and cannot wait until I leave in 13 days to see the boy!
If you have not yet entered my giveaway, you have until tomorrow at midnight EST to do so.

11 comments:

  1. Have you tried taking it back to the store and returning it w/o receipt? That way you could get a store credit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how funny.. just bring it to the store and say u got it as a gift, get a store credit... xxooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cute, that's too bad! Hopefully no stalkers with poor judgment of swimsuit size are buying you random gifts. You should definitely try for store credit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO strange! Yeah, I'd try to return it :) Or sell it on ebay or something!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you and i are completely opposite. tops are always too big for me and bottoms too tight. what can i say other than i have jumk in my trunk. and yes, that is creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very cute...although that's awfully strange.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so bizarre Miss MRM, what a strange thing to receive in the mail!

    Hopefully you can just take it back (despite what they said) for a store credit...?

    I am tweeting the Giveaway! Smiles for the rest of the week!
    tp

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so strange! If you don't have any luck here, eBay might work.

    BTW - I got the luggage tag at Old Navy of all places!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How crazy! It's a really cute suit though. Too bad I'm a SM top :(

    ReplyDelete