Thursday, June 18, 2009

Glad Press'n Seal Wrap

When TLS was in NYC, one of the things that he wanted to do but didn't get a chance to was get a real New York bagel. H&H bagels are legendary and when I go to visit out-of-town friends, I often get asked to bring some with me. Like many food places, H&H now delivers across the US, but does not deliver to APO/FPO addresses. I have successfully sent him cookies many times and decided to try to see what would happen if I were to send him some bagels. I am a big fan of Ziploc's Freezer Vac and thought about getting a lot of bags and individually vacuum-sealing each bagel to keep them all fresh, but the Target that I went to did not have any in stock. Instead, I went with Glad Press'n Seal Wrap. The wrap was definitely harder to use than the Ziploc bags, and the wrap clung to everything! I was able to seal all 10 bagels and packed them away. I was really nervous that by the time TLS got them, they would no longer be fresh or edible. He got them yesterday and said that all of the bagels were still good. You could tell that they weren't fresh out of the oven, but they were not stale at all. I think that from now on, I will continue vacuum-sealing any food that I send him to keep it fresh longer.

2 comments:

  1. Love Glad Press N Seal. What a great item. Hubby and I use it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Press N Seal is a definite item in my house - along with the vacuum seal bags. They are perfect for freezing~!

    ReplyDelete