Tuesday, June 16, 2009

does this make sense to anyone?

As I've mentioned previously, I am deathly allergic to anything that has hair or fur on it and isn't actually human. Going to visit TLS's relatives who have 3 dogs will be a fun ordeal. Yesterday on my lunch break, I went to my doctor's allergy clinic to get a new prescription and some samples for my trip. As soon as I walked in, my throat felt dry and my eyes started watering and itching, the classic signs of an allergic reaction. I looked around the waiting room and noticed that a woman had her purse on the floor with a little dog inside of it. Having your microscopic dog in a purse that costs as much as the rent on a studio apartment in the Midwest is a trend that I hate to begin with, but why why why would you bring a dog into an allergy clinic? Why?

20 comments:

  1. That woman is an idiot. End of story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is ridiculous, who would bring a dog to a doctors office period.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People are sometimes truly clueless!
    xxx me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe the Dr. office allowed her to stay with the dog inside!! My allergist won't even allow patients to wear perfume of any kind! The lady surely wasn't thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that woman was an idiot. the doctor should've said something!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why are people CRAZY!?! Goodness girl, what a mess!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot believe she would bring a dog to an allergy clinic. Doesn't she know people are allergic to dogs?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really shocked the MD allowed that?!?! I am not, however, surprised that she had that little dog in her purse in the office. I've realized that some people are oblivious to the fact that the world does not revolve around them. It would almost be funny...if it hadn't given you an attack :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm against this on SO many levels.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't even want to comment that's how stupid that woman was being. Urgh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is COMPLETELY ridiculous!! I know people just take their dogs everywhere in NYC, but at some point its got to stop, there are places pets do not belong, the dr's office being one of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe they allowed that! I am a dog lover, but even I think this is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think she's probably in there to get an allergy shot so she doesn't have a reaction to 'pookie'. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. how awful. since she is not allergic she assumed the whole world is not as well. so annoying, and scary!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't even believe that they allowed that. Dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh bless your heart!!! The irony! Xoxo-BLC

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG. I would have said something. That makes me mad just reading about it!! I am that way with cats so I understand!

    ReplyDelete