Saturday, May 22, 2010

365 days to go!

Todays marks exactly 365 to our wedding! I am so excited and happy and cannot wait to begin TLS's and my lives together. Since I realized I have not yet discussed our wedding on my blog, I wanted to use this entry to share some wedding things with you.

We got our first choice venue and will be getting married at the Battery Gardens down in Battery Park in Manhattan on Sunday, May 2011. (Traditionally, Jewish weddings are not held on Saturdays.) Our first date was on May 23, 2009 so we wanted to get married as close to May 23rd as possible.

From the moment that I walked into the Battery Gardens, I fell in love with it. It was, in my opinion perfect. Lots of windows and no unfortunate looking gold angels, mirrors, or 10 feet tall crystal chandeliers. Just lots of white decor and windows with gorgeous views. Both the ceremony and reception take place upstairs which has two terraces that overlook Battery Park, the Statue of Liberty, and Ellis Island. Gorgeous. The cocktail hour takes place on the first floor of the restaurant. It has French doors that open up into a patio garden with a bar and lanterns hanging from the trees. Again. Just perfect in my eyes.

Unfortunately, the Battery Gardens website does not allow me to save and post pictures here, but here are some that I was able to pull from Google and wedding sites.
View of the garden from the terrace.
The restaurant from outside with Manhattan behind it.
The downstairs area where the cocktail hour will be.
The garden again. I love those lanterns.

Just doing this post has made me even more excited than I already was. I cannot wait until I have even more wedding details to share with all of you!

8 comments:

  1. I'm SOO glad you got your venue! yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting the venue of your choice! I honestly cannot wait to hear more of your wedding plans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! What a relief to have that part of the planning out of the way! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! It is absolutely beautiful and this year will fly by! It hit me really hard when I hit the 100 day mark. You start ticking the days off so quickly then :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO exciting that the wedding is exactly one year away! The venue is just lovely.

    So glad I found your blog! It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting, enjoy the next 365 days they will go by fast! We got married the same Sautrday 10 years ago...although, then it was 5/20/00 ---ha! ha! ha! Happy planning ...don't stress the small stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning location! I have heard great things about this place! A friend of a friend got married there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow your wedding site looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete