Saturday, May 29, 2010

the one in which MRM talks about food yet again

It's no secret that I love food and that I particularly have a sweet tooth. Thursday, I went out for Thai food with a dear friend and she surprised me with three cookies from Ruby et Violette warning me that I was about to become addicted. At first bite, I was hooked.

Ruby et Violette is a company that specializes in gourmet cookies. In total, they have about 120 different varieties in their arsenal! I tried the German chocolate, Peanut Butter Chip, and caramel popcorn ones. I was so deliriously happy from them, that yesterday, I decided to stop by their cafe to pick some up.

It's currently Fleet Week in NYC and the city has gone military crazy. They had a chalkboard outside their door offering a discount to men and women in uniform. It got better when I got inside, because it turned out that not only do they ship to APO addresses, but they also offer a 50% discount on orders shipped to overseas bases! Anyone who has ever been stationed overseas or attempted to ship anything over there knows the joys of finding out that no yummy food companies will ship to APO addresses. Crumbs Bake Shop, I'm looking at you.

I got so excited upon hearing this, that I immediately ordered TLS a dozen as a welcome to Germany gift. Two of each- Peanut Butter Chip, German Chocolate, Peach Cobbler, Candy Jar, Primal Seduction, and I cannot for the life of me remember the sixth flavor. They will ship out on Tuesday via priority mail and I cannot wait to hear about them and how they arrived.

If you are stationed overseas and want a delicious treat, you cannot go wrong with these. They also make great hostess gifts. (Orders to APO addresses cannot be placed via the website and have to be called in to 718.728.6250.)

4 comments:

  1. I think I will send my cousin some of these when he is at sea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's amazing! I'd love to send some to service people overseas- will have to stop in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip, I will send some to my brother in Qatar.

    ReplyDelete