Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Military Bride

It's no secret that I am a very sarcastic person. I enjoy sarcasm and relish in it greatly. One of my favorite websites back in the day was a blog that was devoted to mocking the truly horrendous wedding dresses out there. It brought a tear to my eye when I discovered that it ceased to exist. Last week, after looking around the AAFES site, TLS informed me that there is a store called Military Bride. Its mission is to provide high-end wedding gowns to brides in the military community for around 70% off the retail price. Thinking "oh this can't be good" I went over there and what followed next was nothing but sheer hilarity. Whenever I have a down moment, I go over there and it warms my heart just a little. Since every girl could use some laughter in her day, I want to share the love. So ladies, I present you with the Shelby.

Happy Thursday.

13 comments:

  1. Happy Thursday indeed! Needed this laugh, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhm, that was my dress :)


    But seriously, I'm pretty sure that the woman's buyer at AAFES is sometime of matron battleax....or a a man. Some of that stuff is UGLY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sad thing is...there is a woman out there who actually thinks that is the one! Ugh. Why would someone even make this???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does it come in pink? (Hee-hee-hee.)

    Grins & Giggles Miss Masha,
    tp

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh god, the back of that dress is literally causing me to go into seizures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe they would even think someone would buy that...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh. my. goodness.

    is this like "military bride circa 1973?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who needs that dress when you can rock a pnina ;P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ummm.. . Well, it would leave everyone speechless. It's good to know we treat military wives almost as well as the military men and women who serve our country.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What are you talking about? That dress is awesome ;-) HA! This is some funny stuff and seriously laughable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your blog and I had to comment as soon as I saw this post. I was in a wedding in 1999 where the bride wore this dress!! The train velcros on! Her family thought she looked like Princess Diana in it!! Now to make the situation worse, imagine every bridesmaid in a different colored pastel dress carrying a wine glass, yes a wine glass, with a votive candle in it and silk flowers attached. There is more horrendousness to this wedding, but just to much to list. This was a childhood friend of mine that had obviously not looked at a fashion magazine for the ten years leading up to her wedding!

    ReplyDelete