Monday, August 17, 2009

I have something to wear but my pearls

I had an amazing weekend. Saturday, I met up with Preppy Coastee and we went to the Lilly Pulitzer Madison Avenue store. She is even funnier and more amazing in real life than on her blog, and I had a blast hanging out with her. I made out like a bandit and was able to find four things.


1) The Jonah Dress
This dress is super-comfortable and very flattering. It is a thicker material, so it will be perfect for late fall/early winter as well. I was not sure about how much I'd like the print in person, but I loved it. There is even a sketch of a lion holding a martini glass, which I love. Basically, I love everything about this dress.


2) Sabine Shirt Dress Crinkle
Another super-comfortable and flattering dress. When I put it on, I didn't want to take if off. Ever. It is a lighter fabric, so you can even wear it now.

3) Hollin Sweater
I got this in both the hot pink and a navy color that isn't available on the website. I was debating between the regular navy and the Hollin Novelty sweater from my previous post, but in the end, I felt that the plain one was more flattering and easier to wear with more things.

Sadly, the Hazel Henley that I loved so much on the website did not look good at all on me on person, the ruffle is a lot bigger than it seems and just is not very flattering. However, I love every single thing that I bought, and have already packed them all away for England. I am so happy and feel so much calmer now that I have something to wear. I also made an appointment to get my hair done at my favorite salon, Le Salon Chinois, for Saturday, so now I feel like everything is finally starting to come together! Also, to any of my New York readers, the August issue of Lucky Magazine has a coupon for 20% off your total purchase at the Madison Avenue store, so if you can get your hands on an August issue, run, don't walk, to 1020 Madison Avenue. After I left the store, I was kicking myself for not getting a 2010 agenda while I was in there with my 20% discount, but I am a big supporter of the Preppy Princess, so I will get one from her. :)

After Lilly, we walked a few blocks down to Alice's Tea Cup, another one of my favorite New York places. I love afternoon tea, and Alice's has a great spread. One of the things that they are most known for are their pumpkin scones, which I am a huge fan of. If you are ever in New York, you must check out Alice's.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect day!! The dress is from J.Mc Laughlin! Have a fabulous day!!
    xxx me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the dresses worked!! I'm getting so excited about your trip for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bought the OSTRICH dress!!! I am so jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd never heard of Alice's, but I'm adding it to my agenda the next time I'm in NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so annoyed my local Lilly doesn't have any fall items until OCTOBER! I want to see these dresses in person! LOVE that first one you bought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had some great buys. I love them all. :)

    ReplyDelete