Thursday, August 20, 2009

that's some serious man bling

The New York City subway system can be an interesting place chock full of interesting characters. Where else will you be propositioned for a threesome by a middle-aged couple old enough to be your parents? Lately, I have resorted to taking discreet camera-phone pictures and sending them to TLS if there is something truly share-worthy. Yesterday, on my way home from work, I saw a man wearing a loud, flashy, gold ring. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that he was wearing four rings on the one hand, and three on the other. All gold. All big. All flashy. Seriously? Not even I wear that much jewelry and I'm, you know, a girl.

I am very conservative and am not a fan of man bling at all. In my opinion, these are the only types of jewelry that it is acceptable for men to wear.
1) watch
2) wedding band
3) cufflinks
4) tie bar/pin
5) fraternity pin
6) any military medals/regalia

Am I alone in this?

15 comments:

  1. I agree. Men do not need to be flashing the bling. If they really want to buy it then they can buy something shiney for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! My husband only wears a watch...and that's it.
    He got a scarf on year for Christmas and wouldn't wear it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed! All my husband will wear is his wedding ring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't count 'Military Regalia' as jewelry and lets be clear - they don't need to wear a watch with the face the size of ... well... their face. So some watches get the axe too. xoxo BFF JILL

    ReplyDelete
  5. def not... but Jared wears a chain and has this small key i gave him around it... cheesy, yes.. but sweet.... xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally agree! i love when a man wears a nice watch but that's about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. agreed! I might add college ring, but just until you are married, then that becomes too many rings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely all the jewelry you need.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! I can't believe you left out puka shell necklaces! HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Couldn't agree more. I could never date a man who wore more than the acceptable amount of bling

    ReplyDelete