Wednesday, August 26, 2009

boy update

I have to thank all of my readers for your concern and apologize a bit here. I wrote my previous post about the boy when I was in a bad mood, and when I reread it, I realized that I made him sound like a bad guy, which is not true at all and isn't really fair to him. My friends who know me well know that he is a great guy, and a lot of people didn't get that sense from reading my previous entry.

To those of you who have suggested that I talk with TLS- believe me, all we do is talk. There's not really much else we can do being so far away from each other. I have generally avoided talking about my relationship on here for two reasons 1) because there are a lot of times when I need him and he can't be there and I get upset and I don't want this to turn into a "woe is me" blog, and 2) because I know that while the situation may suck, I do have it a lot easier than a lot of other military girlfriends and wives out there. At least he is on a base in England where he is safe and is not off fighting in Iraq or Afghanistan and I know that is coming home every night, and there are a lot of women out there who don't get that peace of mind.

TLS's tour ends in May 2010 and we may not know until February where he's going to be stationed next. The waiting and the uncertainty are driving us crazy and the distance and time difference and all of the other joys that go with being in a long distance relationship just aren't helping any. There are times when I really just need a hug or a good backrub from him and I can't get that and with the time difference, we both end up staying up until like 1:00am in our respective time zones just so we can talk during the week, and we're both a little sleep deprived because of it. Because he is in the military, his job and all that goes along with it always have to take priority over me and my needs which can get really frustrating and make me feel like a second-class citizen. With all of that, it's easy to get frustrated and start to wonder "is it really worth it?"

I'm sorry if I misled anyone in my previous post. We are doing fine, just really trying to take things one day at a time.

8 comments:

  1. Vent away!! All relationships are stressful and I cannot even imagine long distance. This is your blog and you're free to say and express youself however you want. I enjoy reading about your life and adventures. Best of luck to you and TLS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in a similar - although not quite as bad - situation with the beau. He is an Orthopaedic resident and though he lives 20 minutes from me - we are lucky to see each other once ever week or two because his career is so demanding right now. I go out of my way to clean his place, and buy him things I know he loves, to show I am thinking about him, and also so he can focus on other things besides shopping and cleaning when he has free time. It's really frustrating when you don't get that back. I wrote a post a while back saying that I feel like I'm giving 200% and getting back 50%. I know I shouldn't expect anything in return when I do nice things, but to be honest I don't need or want the gifts. It's him showing that he is thinking about me that I want. I think that's what you are wanting too! I'm sure TLS is a great guy, just like Doc J is - they just don't think sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is what the blog forum is for!! venting.... there are ups and downs to every relationship, no worries here dolly, xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't ever apologize for venting!! We know he must be pretty wonderful, or he wouldn't be such an important part of your life :) Long distance is never easy, but so very often it is definitely worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's stressful with all the balls in the air, eh!? Chin up lovebug and roll with it. Xoxo-BLC

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is why we are here to listen. you do it for me, why can't i listen to you. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you are feeling better. xxxoo

    ReplyDelete