Wednesday, August 12, 2009

weekend recap

I apologize for not posting this earlier, I have been a bit swamped with work. KMH has reminded about 5 or 6 times that I have yet to blog and she is getting worried about me. I am here to tell you all that I am in fact alive and you have no reason to worry about me.

The shower on Sunday went swimmingly. I went with a pink and green theme (shocking) and JMK loved it. All of the guests said that it was the best shower they've been to, which made me smile. A big thank you to Lulu and Daisy and the Preppy Princess for helping me get prizes on time. If you have not checked out either of these stores yet (and why haven't you?) be sure to, as they are both fabulous and have terrific customer service.

The only things about the shower that annoyed me were 1) one rude guest who was a total Debbie Downer, 2) the fact that a few women who RSVP'd saying that they were coming did not show up, and that 3) after hunting down women via phone, facebook, and email, I still could not get several of them to RSVP. Two of the bride's roommates could not even be bothered to RSVP, not cool. I ended up spending more money than I intended to because I had to get food, favors, etc. for women who never showed, which did not make me a happy camper. Folks please never do this. Parties don't just happen, it takes someone a lot of time and money to plan them, and it does not take a lot to make a one minute phone call or send out a quick email. Oh well, what's done is done. Thankfully, I don't have to throw another shower in the forseeable future.

After the shower, I took a cab back with JMK to the apartment that she and her fiance got. They had signed the lease about 2 hours before the shower, so it was a big day for her. Their apartment is really nice and right across the street from the synagogue that they both go to, as well as the supermarket, which makes it a great location.

Monday, I slept at my mother's house because one of my favorite blog readers, Chani, was moving into her neighborhood and I helped her move and assemble furniture. This reminded me of why I have a love/hate relationship with Ikea. Assembly instructions should not be in comic strip form. Also, it should not take 30 minutes and one hammer to assemble a laundry hamper that probably cost less than my morning order at Starbucks. It just shouldn't.

After going through my closet, I realized that I leave for England in just over three weeks and have literally nothing to wear. Somehow, all of my fall clothes are too big or too small. Murphy and his law are not big fans of mine. Expect a lot of frantic shopping posts from now until then. Also, if you have not yet signed up to participate in my beverage swap, be sure to do so. The more the merrier. :)

11 comments:

  1. Yaaay. I'm so glad the shower was a success - did you take pictures that you can post? Not necessarily of ppl but of gifts (oh wait- SEE THEM! LOL) and decor, etc.

    oxoxoxo BFF JILL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a successful shower! I completely hear you on the RSVP thing. People can be so inconsiderate about those things. Enjoy shopping! I look forward to seeing what you end up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm telling you - you need to start using your planning skills for some extra cash. You have already build a nice little rep for yourself as everyone keeps asking you to do the honors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. People who do not RSVP are the worst! Especially if they say they are coming and then never show up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so sweet to throw such a fabulous shower! What happened to manners! I think they have gone out the window for most people. Can not do Ikea!! WIshing you a terrific day! xxx me

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad the shower was a success!!
    People who RSVPd yes were no shows at my shower & bach. party - it happens. I don't know how since it's bad manners but it does. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad the shower went well! I cant wait to see your outfit choices for London!! xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interested in a FREE, custom blog make over? Go to http://mud-duck-studio.blogspot.com for more details

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't mean to be rude but I am so glad about your RSVP situation! I am always having that trouble with my kids birthday parties. People say they'll come then don't show or they don't RSVP at all then just show up! It's stressful and expensive! But I thought it was just me. To know that its even happening to people on the other side of the world is a bit of a relief. But its bloody horrible and anybody who behaves in such a way should be kneecapped :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, I really wanted to leave you a comment to say how much I've enjoyed reading your posts. You have some great pictures too.

    Thank you for sharing your writing and pics - very generous !!

    ReplyDelete