Friday, May 8, 2009

favorite things time

Well, it's time for my weekly post. This week's post is once again brought to you by the one, the only, Lilly Pulitzer, since I have been spending quite a bit of time obsessing over her site, the sample sale, and figuring out if I can go to the warehouse sale.
As some of y'all who read this blog regularly know, I have a love affair with pretty summer dresses. Lilly gives me another outlet for it. Here are my current favorites:

Nadja Printed dress, $268. This dress combines some of my favorite things, a bow, a v neck, and the color palette. The fact that it is not loudly Lilly (i.e. not hot pink and neon green) means that I can wear it out in New York City without soliciting a lot of dirty looks.

As I've said on here before, one of my biggest gripes is my chest. (And before y'all start telling me how lucky I am and how blessed I am- have you ever tried to shop for a bra or swimsuit top in size 32F? Not easy or fun.) I absolutely cannot wear anything that is strapless without looking like a $5 hooker. (Hence the love of V neck dresses.) Please tell me why Lilly just couldn't make this dress with straps? I heart it so much and it would be in my closet 5 minutes ago if only it had straps.

Bowen Dress Sewn Patch Braid, $248. This dress is adorable and falls under the category of things that another blogger needs to buy so that I can live vicariously through her.

Another cute one:



Tori Dress, $268.

Moving away from dresses and on to shoes. I had a really cute pair of pale metallic gold J. Crew flat sandals that got very worn. I was going to replace them with a pair of Platinum Jack Rogers, but when I went to try them on, I was shocked at how uncomfortable they were. Since then, I have been on quest to find the perfect pair of flat pale metallic gold sandals. That color goes with everything. These two are my frontrunners:







McKim Sandal, $168.


Jackie Sandal, $158.

Here's hoping one of these two is more comfortable than the Jack Rogers one was.

Now on to tops...

Bidi Tank colorblock, $58. Cute, basic, fairly inexpensive and can be dressed either up or down.


A cute unboring basic. Percy Top, $88.

Proof that I'm a creature of habit- the same top in two different colors/styles:




Meri Top Printed, $158



and Embroidered, $168.

I love both tops, but am way in love with the coloring and detail of the embroidered one. It would look so great with dark jeans or a denim skirt with the above sandals, and, of course, pearls.

12 comments:

  1. I love them all. I also have the same problem with my chest. I can't wear anything I hate it. It is so hard to find a swimsuit have been looking for a month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I put the Nadja on I said this is the most comfortable thing I have ever put on! This is exatly what I want to wear when its 5,000 degrees in the city!

    It runs big too, which is always an appreciated ego boost :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Jackie sandals and the Tori dress. If only I could go shopping :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love the first dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Meri embroidered top and the McKim sandals! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOu are so cute Miss MRM, and we love your picks! But we also concur, at least in theory, about the straps issue. We have almost the exact opposite problem; ever been in a Vicki's Secret and been advised, "Oh dear, we really don't carry anything in your size."

    Seriously.

    tp

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them all, you have great taste!
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the jackie sandal- simple and chic.

    great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have and love the Jackies!

    ReplyDelete