Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I don't know where I'm gonna go where the volcano blows

So last night after staying at work past 7, I met the boy anomaly also known as J for dinner. His finals start next week, and then I leave for Chicago. As soon as I get back, he leaves for DC for the summer for an internship. He invited me to come visit him for a weekend, but I'm not sure if I really want to do that. So basically, last night was our last date for a while. Yesterday, I was emailing with Prep-E-Girl about Buffett and we were discussing my sober Buffett conundrum. Seriously folks, there is no point to going to a concert where they will be singing songs about getting drunks and screwing if absolutely no one is getting drunk. She asked if there was a concert that was nearby that was margarita-friendly and I googled the tour. I found out that he is playing in NYC at Madison Square Garden on November 24th! Granted November isn't exactly Buffett Season, but you can drink before, during, and after the show at MSG. I brought this option up to J and he also liked it a lot better than the Jones Beach option in August. The second that tickets go on sale, I will have two. This also means that as soon as summer ends and Target puts all of its summer stuff on sale, I will be the proud owner of a giant inflatable shark. Fins up!

12 comments:

  1. ooo sounds fun!! Inflatible shark, yay! What other concerts are you going to this summer? xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds super exciting!! I think you are making a great choice by going to the one at MSG!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good choice! Buffet concerts are definitely meant to be enjoyed with an adult beverage in hand! Have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I def think this is a better option - you will enjoy yourself so much more! And I think any season is Buffet season - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo! I LOVE Jimmy! Have Fun!
    p.s. you won my giveaway! e-mail me when you get a chance to let me know what kind of earring design you have in mind :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect solution... plus you can get away for the wkend! FINS UP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Jimmy--- I was raised on him... just chew a little juicy fruit its good for your soul

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hilarious! You are simply hilarious and I love your blog. You are so classy (to a texan you seem like one of the SATC girls), and then you are a Buffet lover. I was telling my hubs about you. I'm so glad you found a better venue!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. issued resolved, no more worrying :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. excellent choice! sober buffett = booooo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice! Glad you sorted it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Would J be up for growing a "Pencil-Thin Mustache?" Since the cheeseburger is clearly out. Haha.

    ReplyDelete