Thursday, May 7, 2009

showing just how much of a dork I really am

So I have been working crazy hours all week because of a project at work, and ended up moving back into my mother's house for the week because she lives 15 minutes from my job, whereas I live way further. I'm packing up tonight to go home tomorrow from work. Sunday I will be back here for an engagement party and then maybe Monday night if I have to stay late for work again. I'm sitting here thinking about all that I have to do this weekend- laundry, go through all my mail, pack for my upcoming trip, visit my Nana to give her her meds, and somehow, all I can think about, is my teddy. I have this big stuffed polar bear that one of my mother's friends got me the day I was born. At the time, he was bigger than I am. It used to be white, but is now a dingy brownish-grey color. The bow that was tied around his neck disappeared ages ago. His mouth is gone. His eyes are chipped. Basically, anyone who sees this thing is afraid to even be in the same room with him. And he is the greatest gift that anyone has ever gotten me and the greatest man ever. Being that he is pretty big, I don't get to take him a lot of places with me, so I absolutely cannot wait to get home tomorrow and cuddle with my man! Expect a picture post on Monday morning. My mother sometimes teases me and asks if he's going to be in my bed on my wedding night. Totally appropriate. (Maybe not the wedding night, but certainly every night after that...) So be honest ladies, do any of y'all have a favorite stuffed animal since childhood? Tell all.

9 comments:

  1. I'll be pleased to introduce you to Mr. Theodore Bearington next week. His lady friend Elenore is around here somewhere as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a stuffed Alf. Yes, the furry alien that had his own tv show. We have a stuffed animal game at Alpha Gam's Rush Retreat and he makes his appearance every year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely a stuffed animal fan! I don't have a specific one I've had forever, but I cycle through them...right now, though, I'm stuck on sleeping with a personal sized fleece blanket that my aunt got me....come on Meagan...grow up! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have a stuffed duck puppet that i got for my baby shower...it has had holes all over it through the years and the eyes are so scratched they look white. it has been loved ha! i have been attached to it since i was born and im pretty sure he will be with me forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have a stuffed animal but I do have a baby blanket that I can't get rid off. I still sleep with it. It was yellow. Now it is not and it is twisted and mangled and I can't sleep unless I have it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have two. A blue unicorn I got when I was 4 or 5 and a rather large bear my uncle gave me when I was born. They only get to sleep with me when the man is deployed because he's banished them from the bed. I think it's because he's still a little sore from losing his Pooh bear when he was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still sleep with my blanket and he's not going anywhere-- until he disintegrates into nothing! Sadly, he is on that path and I don't know how much time I have left!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute! I've got a duck like that, when I was younger I would take it to spend the night with friends and once I lost it (Horror!!) Somehow my mom found the exact same one, but newer and cleaner a few months later and gave it to me when I was like 14 or so. "George, II" does not travel like his father did!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this sounds a lot like my bff's bear, "teddy no-nose".

    ReplyDelete