Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Pandora Bracelets

So I'm sitting here talking to TLS, and being the guy that he is, of course he forgot about Mothers' Day until about an hour ago. He mentioned that his mother, sister-in-law, and future sister-in-law are all into Pandora bracelets and he wants to get his mom some more charms for her bracelet. I have heard of these bracelets before, but have just heard the name, nothing else. I'm sitting here looking at the site with him thinking to myself "oh some of these are nice" until I see the price tag. Some of these are $180- for one bead!!!! At this rate, Tiffany is cheaper. It seems like a lot of money for something that is a fad. Does anyone remember Nomination bracelets? I still have mine, actually. Do any of y'all have a Pandora bracelet? Do you think it's worth the price tag?




Also, totally unrelated, but I am in love with these Mother's Day sets from Lilly Pulitzer:

Each set includes a 1.7 oz bottle and a makeup bag for $50. Considering the eau de parfum itself costs $48 for that size, I think it is an awesome gift. I already have the 1.7 oz. bottle of Wink, but am thinking of picking up a set in one of the other scents since I love all the bags so much.

15 comments:

  1. i have a pandora bracelet. my mother sells them at her shop in louisiana. she gave all her girls one for christmas one year--filled with charms. i do like them but you are right, some charms are PRICEY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have yet to discover what is so gret about pandora! I see that they sell them at some great places but I am with you too pricey! I could put a REALLY REALLY nice charm bracelet together for less! I have thought that it is a cute "project" though:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started my pandora bracelet last year, and have used it as my more "fun" charm bracelet. it's mostly just charms I find cute, plus my sorority colors of double blue and gold. my other charm bracelet has charms from things I've done/accomplished in life.

    They do get awfully pricey (especially the gold), but getting a single new charm can be a cheap thrill to mark and occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Lily sets are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have the nomination sitting in the jewel box, refused to get sucked into what I believe is the pandora fad. spend the dough on something more timeless/classic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh I need some of that perfume asap! :)

    And my mom, mil and I all have pandora bracelets and we LOVE them!! I don't have any $100+ beads - most of mine were around $50 but I LOVE each and every one of them!!

    And yea they are pricey but here's the scenario of fun: 2nd year anniversary we went to Disney and the hubby got me a Cinderella Carriage bead, When we closed on our house my mom got me a pineapple one (I'm obsessed with pineapples and they mean welcome, I have them all over the house).

    Wow, this was way too long - I'm a dork!!! Talk to you soon!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got a pandora bracelet for my birthday, and I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got my Catholic sponsor one on the day I was confirmed as a gift. She LOVED it. They are sterling silver so it won't tarnish like costume, but I know what you mean about fads though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the mother's day sets. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard of the Pandora bracelets, but don't know anything about them. Some of the charms sound really expensive. I just went on their website and they are cute.

    Great find on the Lilly sets for Mother's Day. I would love to get Wink!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cuttttte! hope you'll come enter my fun giveaway. xoxo KAG

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooo will you send me an invite to the sample sale! xoxo KAG

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven"t hear of them (everything hits here about 2 years later in my small town) but I am going to look them up. how would i keep up with the times without my bloggie friends hehe

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do love the Pandora bracelet. Mine only has a few charms (due to the price) BUT when people have them all filled they are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a pandora bracklet that is really cute, but pricey. Good thing is you can buy it in bits and pieces when you have the money. I agree with another lady who said it was just a fad though...unfortunatley i got sucked in! I usually don't go for fads either, but if you really like it then why note...well that was my reasoning anyway :)

    ReplyDelete