Thursday, May 28, 2009

the makeup/beauty products that changed MRM's life

In the makeup world, beauty products that change your life are considered especially important. In MRM's makeup bag, they are represented by the following items. These are their stories.

I've mentioned on here before that despite the fact that I don't wear a lot of makeup and still can't even put on eyeliner correctly, I seem to have more makeup than the average 25-year-old girl. In fact, I have more than some small Sephora stores. KMH can attest to the fact that letting me loose inside of a Sephora can be a very dangerous thing. I thought I would do a post to share with you some of the products that I absolutely cannot live without.

1) Clarisonic Brush
I cannot say enough about this brush. I've mentioned in a previous post just how in love I am with my brush. I had wanted this brush for a while, but had a hard time justifying the $195 price tag. When I had $165 in gift cards to Sephora, I decided to buy it to try it out. Since then, I have fallen in brush love. I have definitely noticed a difference from using it, and if I go away and don't take it with me, after several days, my face starts to feel dirty. If you can afford to get one, do it. Your face will thank me.
2) Benefit Boo Boo Zap
I am one of those girls who was blessed with good skin. I am one of the only girls I know who managed to get through those awkward teenage years without having to worry about pimples. (Of course, I did have plenty of other things to worry about, but that's neither here nor there...) Of course, what this means, is that now that I am older, every time I get even the tiniest hint of a pimple, I automatically go into panic mode because I just don't know how to deal with them. It was on one such day that I frantically ran into Sephora on the verge of tears begging the saleslady to give me something that would get rid of my pimple. When she responded with "what pimple?," I thought she was crazy. How could she not see what was going on on my face? In any case, she led me to the Benefit counter and gave me a little tube of this wonderliquid. I have seen similar acne products, but nothing that works quite as well as this, in quite so little time. Bonus points for the fact that it does not sting at all. Since then, I always carry a tube of this on me, just in case.
3) Perfekt Liquid Foundation
To reiterate #2, I have very good skin. This means that I don't want to wear a heavy foundation that clogs up my pores. I hate the feeling of having a lot of makeup on my skin. This is why I don't wear it a lot. On one of my many trips to Sephora "just to look around," I discovered this little wonder. It is a gel foundation. You put a little dab on your finger or a sponge, and rub it into your skin. It is so light and airy that you don't feel like you're wearing anything, yet your skin instantly feels smoother and silkier to the touch. And looks softer/smoother as well. It comes in several shades, and is so light that you can wear a darker shade to get a hint of color without looking completely fake baked. Bonus points, it also comes in a smaller, TSA-friendly, 0.25 oz. size.
4) Imju Fiberwig Mascara
This is where you all start gasping ladies: I hate wearing mascara. I love the way it looks on me, but for some reason it hurts my eyelashes. By the end of the day I am annoyed and irritated and cannot wait to go home and take it off. I have tried every single brand of mascara known to man to see if I can get around this. Drugstore brand, higher-end brand, hypoallergenic, all natural, etc. And this was the only thing I found that doesn't make my eyelashes hate me. Another problem that I seem to have with mascara is that whenever I try to take it off, no matter what, I cannot get all of it off and inevitably look like a raccoon the next morning. Not only does this wonder mascara not irritate my eyes, but it also completely washes off in cool little rubbery clumps without smearing all over your face. No eye makeup remover required. Just warm water. How cool is that?
5) Dior Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen
Despite the fact that I was blessed with perfect skin, one thing that I was not blessed with, is a lack of undereye circles. I have very fair skin with dark hair and even darker undereye circles. I've sometimes wondered if I'm the secret love child of Snow White and Rocky Raccoon. A sorority sister showed me this in Sephora, and since then, I cannot go anywhere without it. It conceals undereye circles and reflects light to make them appear lighter. Amazing product. I cannot stress enough how much I love it.
6) Sephora Brand Makeup Eraser Pen
The most ingenious invention ever! This pen is fantastic to get rid of any mascara dots that may form around your eyes or any other makeup mishaps so that you don't have to start all over. Every girl needs to have one of these in her makeup bag

14 comments:

  1. what a cool list! I cannot live without bare minerals make up and smashbox primer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you loveeee Sephora, well me too!! I am going to check out that makeup eraser!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been eyeing the clarasonic brush for some time, I need to just bite the bullet and get it already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A makeup eraser?! I'm gonna have to check that out :)

    xo,
    E

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boo Boo Za is something I'm looking into ASAP :)

    Thanks for posting about your A-list products. I too am makeup obsessed and seem to never have enough. Walking into sephora is pure tortue sometimes - I want and think I need everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh love this post! I NEEEED that Clarisonic brush and the Dior under eye stuff badly!!! My bday list this year may be all from Sephora! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I MUST try that Clarisonic brush!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tips! Sounds like we are in similar boats... I've got good skin but dark circles, and it's so hard to cover them up without caking on the makeup. :) I'm going to try the Dior and the gel foundation soonish.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been wanting to try one of the brushes! I think when I return to Dallas I will be heading to NorthPark and buying one after your great rec!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got number one for Mother's Day and it so worth every penny. The results are amazing.
    Great list..have a wonderful day!!
    xxxxx me

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a lot like you, I have very fair skin, never had an acne problem and usually don't wear make up. I have had my Boo Boo Zap for awhile now and love it!! I'm going to look into that foundation and under eye cream!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is there anything in the entire galaxy better than the Dior Radiance pen? We think not.

    Fun post, it is always interesting to read what others use and are fond of!
    tp

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bonjour ! first time i come across your blog so im gonan visit it now :)
    Well if you wanna be inspired by my collages/Scrapbook or just dream, come and visit my blog :)
    a bientot !
    Boubouteatime xx

    ReplyDelete