Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I changed my relationship status this weekend

So I know some of you are anxious to hear about how my weekend went, so here it is.

Friday night, I went out for drinks with my mom and one of her best friends. After that I went jeans shopping (KMH knows from firsthand experience that this is the bane of my existance.) A note to the saleslady at Levi's: I am 5'2". This means that I am short. I have accepted this fact and moved on, so should you. When I ask you for jeans that are a size short, do not bring out jeans that are a size regular and suggest I wear heels or hem them. Thanks.

Saturday is the day that you all really want to hear about. I finally met up with TLS. We went to Times Square (ick) to get him a slice of NY pizza and did the Circle Line boat tour around the city. We got fortunate that the weather was absolutely gorgeous that day. Despite the fact that it's catered to tourists, I absolutely love the Circle Line. If you come to NYC in the summer, I highly recommend it. After the boat tour, we went to Crumbs for cupcakes, another requisite NYC stop. From there, we went to dinner, took the cab back to JFK, and ate our cupcakes in the cab. We have decided to try to make things work, and since nothing is official until it is posted on facebook, we changed our relationship statuses. This means, that for my birthday, instead of getting a David Yurman ring for myself, I will be getting myself a plane ticket to London to go visit TLS. Stay tuned for posts in which MRM will undoubtedly whine about how much it sucks being in a long distance relationship. I think that a large appeal of my blog is my luck with guys, or lack thereof, so hopefully it will still be interesting to read.

Sunday, I met a very hungover friend in Bryant Park for cupcakes and coffee and we went to Papyrus (my kryptonite) and Barnes & Noble (her kryptonite). Actually, in all fairness, we went to three different Papyrus stores. Yes, I have a problem. I am well aware. On my way back home, I stopped by Target and bought How I Met Your Mother season 2 on dvd. I spent all day Monday on the phone with TLS and watching dvds and just relaxed. That was wonderful.

18 comments:

  1. Congrats on moving forward! You're right, nothing is official unless it's on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!

    One of my best friend's is marrying a guy she met in Ireland while she studied abroad. He lived there [as in a citizen], and she was just there for 4 months. She moved back to the US, he stayed there. Then he moved to the US for her the day before he proposed.


    London is FABULOUS. You will have a blast...seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im glad you had such a fun NYC weekend.. and long distance does suck.. but trips away are the best thing ever!!! xxooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so short too and it really irritates me when even the short pants are too tall especially at J Crew and then they do not understand why I get so irritated when they ask me to pay extra to get them hemmed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. People of normal height don't seem to understand that short pants aren't just shorter legs but the cut is a little different. I'm 5'2" as well and it drives me crazy. So exciting about TLS. Bestie and I were just talking earlier saying "it isn't really a relationship until you put it on facebook" lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A) Congrats!, and

    B) I feel you on the pants! I'm 5'2" as well... sometimes I wonder WHO they are making pants for these days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!! So exciting -- there is nothing more thrilling, heart-rending (but more in an "expected" kind of way), and exciting than a long-distance relationship! Totally worth it :) AND, what a fan-frickin'-tastic place to "have" to visit...my goodness, what I wouldn't give for an "excuse" to visit London!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! You're so right that nothing is official until it is on facebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! London is wonderful, and how nice that he agreed to a facebook update with little hassle (we were living together before we updated.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy for you!!! Yes, long distance can be challenging, but TLS sounds worth it. Yay :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! How exciting, and you know what...you can always buy a Yurman ring, but you cannot always just hop off to London. Enjoy it=) Btw, I love How I Met Your Mother. Good job on the FB. b/c it's not really official til you update your relationship status on FB. tehe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL. Sorry. Its been one of THOSE days (preceded by one of THOSE weekends - aren't I supposed to have weekends off of work?)

    Got FB mobile updates about status changes and squealed all over the fox valley. :) oxoxooxoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. P.S. I am sure you've noticed a distinct lack of a package from me, but I have some additional stuff to send based on this past weekend's events, so I'm going to put it all together in one package. And I'm not sending it until I find Fannie Mae Cubs Chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY!! Congrats! I am just so excited for you!!!

    And your trip is going to me AH-MAZING!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's funny that facebook is always such a major step. It seems like now there is a point in every relationship when you have to have the "are we going to put it on facebook?" talk! It's like sending out a little press release.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I did the long distance thing for four years of college. Granted- we were much much closer but it's the same day to day effect. I can't wait to read! :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ya..very happy for you. With all the tech today..a long distance relationship won't be so bad.
    Sounds like a swell weekend.
    Have a fabulous evening!
    xxx me

    ReplyDelete