Wednesday, March 18, 2009

awards time

Thank you to Chloe for giving me the Kreativ Blogger Award.


Here are the award rules:
List 7 things that you love and then pass the award on to 7 bloggers you love!
Be sure to tag them and let them know they have won!
You can copy the picture of the award and put it on your sideboard
letting the whole world know.....you are KREATIV!

1) I love flip flops. I literally own boxes of them! I tried to downsize my collection when I moved from my parents' house and yet I still ended up with a massive amount. This will not stop me from buying a ton more this spring/summer season.
2) I love musicals, especially Phantom of the Opera. In fact, I am slightly obsessed with it. I have seen it three times on Broadway already and J and I are planning to go see it again. When I was younger, when I would actually sing into my hairbrush, I always pretended to be the Phantom. (I thought his lines were much cooler than Christine's.)
3) I love sushi. It is one food that I could probably eat every single day of my life. One advantage of living where I do is that there are a lot of sushi restaurants in the area and because of all of the competition, they offer half-priced sushi all day long. It ends up being $2.00-2.50 for regular rolls and $1 for individual pieces. If I ever don't feel like cooking, I just order sushi!
4) Baking. Anyone who follows this blog knows that baking is one of my joys in this world. I love to bake but being that I'm single and live by myself, I can never eat all of what I bake. I usually bring cookies in to work or sometimes I mail them to my friend who's in the Air Force. I promised a family friend's daughter and my best friend's little sister that I would send them cookies to college. Before the start of Passover, it is traditional for Jews to get rid of their non-Passover items by "selling" them temporarily to their non-Jewish friends and neighbors so that they don't own them for the week of Passover. I decided that instead of doing that this year, I will bake up all that I have and send cookies to all of my non-Jewish friends to enjoy!
5) Palindromes. I'm really into symmetry. My initials are a palindrome and this makes me very happy. I have decided to do a fun giveaway for post #101 when I get to it, I have to figure out what that will be.
6) Yellow Rubber Duckies. This is an inside joke with one of my best friends from freshman year of high school. The joke is no longer funny, but the duck thing stuck around. Whenever someone sees anything with ducks on it, they automatically buy it for one of us.
7) Longchamp bags. In my mind, Longchamp is the perfect bag. They are durable, waterproof, basic so they can go with anything, come in a plethora of colors, and the Pliages series folds which makes them awesome to travel with. I own 5 and plan to acquire more.

I will now pass this award to my favorite bloggers:
Megs
Lou Lou
Southern Starlet
BLC :o
Whitney
Lisa
Jane

3 comments:

  1. Longchamp bags are TOTALLY the perfect bag. :) Cute post! Congrats to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noticed today a pen sticking out of the bottom of my longchamp I use for school :(

    Time for a new one :)

    ReplyDelete