Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy First Day of Spring?

I absolutely cannot stand snow. Everyone thinks that it is so beautiful and picturesque, but when you live in New York City, it only stays that way for about 2.5 seconds before it gets to be all brown and black and gross. Also, I absolutely hate cold weather. I spent the first 7.5 years of my life living in the Soviet Union, so that is more snow than I have ever needed to see in my lifetime. I was so excited for the start of spring and flip flop weather. Imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning and saw huge snowflakes! Not cool. It's the first day of spring. Global warming is supposed to make things warmer, not colder. Fortunately, the snow stopped and it is now gorgeous out and sunny and I get to leave work an hour earlier, which makes me happy. After work, I'm going to the Lilly store and J. Crew and Plaza Too (one of my favorite stores to buy shoes) to begin my spring wardrobe shopping. I have already lost several pounds and am very happy about that. I'm hoping to be a size 4 by summer and that seems totally feasible now.

Last night, J and I went to see one of my favorite bands, ZO2 perform in Long Island with Bret Michaels. I think I had to have been the only person in the audience who has never seen a single episode of "Rock of Love" and has no desire to see one. I listen almost exclusively to country music, and these guys are anything but country, but I love them anyway. I find that when an artist or group is really into their music and puts on a great show, even if you're not a huge fan of their music, you still find yourself getting into it. Tomorrow night, we're going out to dinner. We're still in that "not really friends but not boyfriend/girlfriend" stage, and are nowhere near exclusive so I am talking to a few other guys at the moment. For some reason, guys just don't notice me, but as soon as I start talking to one guy, a few more pop out of the woodwork. When it rains, it pours, I guess. I'm hoping that IG, the guy I really like who asked me out, and I can finally go out next week. Also, tomorrow I finally get a haircut, eyebrow wax and mani/pedi. If I don't get my eyebrows done for a while, when I finally do get them done, I feel human again. Does anyone else feel the same way? On Sunday, B, my ex who is now my best friend, and I are planning on going bowling and walking across the Brooklyn Bridge. I love spring!

3 comments: