Thursday, April 2, 2009

the book I'm holding out for

Fellow bloggers Muffy and Hopsy have been blogging about the upcoming book The Mating Rituals of the North American WASP. While I am so excited about this book, I wanted to share with all of my wonderful readers the book that I cannot wait to debut. Pretty in Plaid: A Life, a Witch, and a Wardrobe, or, the Wonder Years Before the Condescending,Egomanical, Self-Centered Smart Ass Phase from Jenn Lancaster, debuting May 5th. Lancaster has also written Bright Lights, Big Ass, Bitter is the New Black, and Such a Pretty Fat. She has a really witty, sarcastic writing style that really appeals to me and I cannot wait for this book!

10 comments:

  1. I can NOT wait for this book. I have read all of her books and have laughed so hard that I cried! Her blog is also hysterical. Thanks for sharing the Jen Lancaster word with the rest of the Preppy World!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check this out- just the title cracks me up

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for it either! I love her writing style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I came across your blog today. I have been searching for a new author--I tend to find one I like and read all her books. Great news for my summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gracious, I must read this too. I read "Bitter is the new Black" when I was a college senior. Man did I enjoy it!!! Right time for that read for sure. Xoxo-BLC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love sass! I am looking every one of these up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love books like that one...i'll be checking it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited to see your post! I just picked up and started reading these books on a whim. I haven't gotten far, but love them and am excited for more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the first I hear about this book; I will have to check it out. I can't wait for the The Mating Rituals of the North American WASP; if this is in the same gene. I will be good too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks hilarious! Can't wait to vist a B&N!

    ReplyDelete