Wednesday, April 8, 2009

what should I serve for dinner?

On Sunday night, two of my guy friends are coming for a Passover dinner. I absolutely love cooking Sunday night dinners because it gives me the opportunity to make dishes that take longer to prepare and I'm not as rushed as I am when I have friends come over for dinner on a weeknight. Plus, cooking for guys is fun because they are generally a lot less picky. I know that I will be making homemade matzah ball soup (never from a box!) and a charoset cake with zabaglione sauce for dessert. I'm torn on the entree/side dish. As of right now, my ideas are either 1) brisket with mini latkes, or 2) matzah fried chicken with roasted veggies. Which should I serve? Does anyone have any other Jew-friendly entree suggestions?

8 comments:

  1. I don't know but that ALL sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I’m reading this I got a whiff of the smells that remind me of Passover. The matzo fried chicken sounds good but to me its not Passover without brisket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. not really sure. but sounds yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not Jewish and don't really know much about Passover-friendly recipes, but the matzo fried chicken sounds delicious! I also think what you're making for dessert sounds so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm brisket! boys love meat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost forgot, this came in a food blog I read - meant to send it to my baking-crazed friend:

    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Joanies-Pesach-Brownies/Detail.aspx

    Also - I'm not Jewish but I know its not Passover w/o Brisket! :)

    ReplyDelete