Monday, April 13, 2009

Date Recap

So I am at my mother's house now sneaking on her computer to post so all you don't have to wait until morning to hear about my date. We met at the restaurant where he told me to meet him and ended up going to this really good kosher steak place. Thank G-d steak is still kosher for Passover, otherwise life would just not be worth living. After dinner, he said "we have some time, let's take a walk." We walked around Times Square for a bit, went to see the View from the Marriott, and then we walked around some more, holding hands. (Insert obligatory awwwwwwwwwwwww here.) We're walking around and he turns on 46th street and Broadway and starts walking towards 8th Avenue. About three-quarters of the way down the block and says "ok, we're here." What, you may ask, is on 46th between Broadway and 8th? We'll I'll tell you.

The Majestic Theater also known as the home of Phantom of the Opera!!!!!!!!!!
(insert high-pitched sorority girl shriek here- seriously folks, the sound I made was only audible to dogs and dolphins)

After about 10 straight minutes of me going "Oh my G-d, oh my G-d" (the way I was going on about it, you'd think I had just gotten engaged or something), we finally got inside the theater. I should probably mention that our seats were in the Orchestra, not even 15 rows from the stage. When the chandelier "fell" and broke on the stage, it was above our heads! (Insert more shrieking and "oh my G-d" here if you will. I really need to work on my poker face, clearly.)

The show was amazing, as it always is. This was the closest that I have ever sat to the stage and I really got to see the costumes and such up close. It was incredible. Best. Night. Ever. I don't cry during movies ever, but I do cry during Broadway shows. Actually just one. Take a wild guess which one that is. In retrospect, I should have probably warned him about that. Although it was more of a whimper than a full-on cry and my mascara didn't run so all is good. KMH, I'm very proud of you for not texting me 30 times in the course of this date. Keep up the good work. I'm off to bed now with a very big smile on my face. Way happier than any clam could ever be.

13 comments:

  1. (i have to) awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. seriously, really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, glad you had a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! This sounds like such a great night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is your awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....seriously fun date! I'm glad you had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I tried to comment on this from home last night via my mobile device, but it was an epic fail. YAY. I did think about texting you non-stop, but decided against it. Tee-heee. glad you had fun! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO MUCH FUN! Love surprises :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome! You were right by my office ;-) Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like such a great night!

    ReplyDelete