Monday, April 6, 2009

my weekend

Friday, I took the day off work because one of my best friends was coming over for dinner. I got to sleep in late, bought a ton of food, baked entirely too many cookies, relaxed, and mailed a care package to one of my best friends in the Air Force who's stationed in England. Friday and Saturday, R and I just vegged and drank a lot of wine (I love wine!).

Saturday night, had my date with J. We went to a sushi place that is actually pretty close to my house. The sushi was amazing and so was the company. I have to say that this boy is the king of mixed signals. We had another "where is this going talk?" and he laid it all of on the table. He likes me and likes spending time with me, but he is a lot more religious than I am and can never picture himself with me and wants to continue seeing me but not be serious. He's planning some big surprise for April 13th and asked me about a hundred or so times if I'm free. (I'm about 90% positive I know what it is.) I want a relationship, but at this point, he makes me laugh and I enjoy spending time with him, so I'm going to keep seeing him, but if I meet someone else, then I'm not limiting myself. My facebook relationship status will still stay single. At the risk of sounding totally crass- I'm not sure why he's acting like this. He always takes me on pretty expensive dates, doesn't want a relationship, and he doesn't believe in premarital sex, so he knows with 100% certainty that he's not getting laid out of it. I guess he's a guy anomaly?

As I've mentioned on here, one of my best friends, TLS, is a guy who is in the Air Force. Currently, he is stationed in England. Thanks to the wonders of Skype and British Telecom, we talk just about nightly and our conversations are just about always over an hour long. We actually met on an online forum about 5 or 6 years ago, and have been talking since then. We have definitely gotten a lot closer within the past year and he knows me better than just about anyone else and he says the same about me. He's told me that he likes me and what really sucks is that I know that if he wasn't on the other side of the Pond, we'd probably be dating now. Sunday we spent about 2.5 hours on the phone while I cooked and baked some more. After that, one of my sisters that I'm really close with (hi Kelly!) came over for dinner. This was my "last hurrah" before Passover so I made spinach balls, homemade macaroni and cheese, and many batches of spicy sour cream cookies, and chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips. I sent her home with a ton of food!

11 comments:

  1. What a full weekend! Sounds good for the most part! Guys are just wierd sometimes...go figure! What are spinach balls...I love spinach so Im dying to know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are spinach balls and spicy sour cream cookies? Will you share recipes please? They both sound fun and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok guys are weird... he doesnt want a gf, but what is his deal?! Ahhh men.... and yum for the recipes... good job!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips are my favorite! my mother has to hide them from me when they're around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm he does sound like a guy anomaly. I guess if you don't have a problem with him saying he doesn't want to be serious, than just enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 38 Days! Also; I'm w/ PPCroc - what are spicy sour cream cookies?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun weekend! I'm now hungry for sushi! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sushi is my fav!
    spinach balls??? sounds tasty!
    guys are guys . :/ you'll get a good one!~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whitney is totally right, guys are guys, and you will totally find a great one, that is right for you! And what are these spinach balls??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a good weekend overall. I'm sorry about the mixed signals, but it sounds like he obviously likes you! Regardless, you have the right attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had a fun weekend. Boys are so annoying. I've been "not-dating" this guy AL for almost a year now. If you have any cookies left and want to send them my way let me know hehe

    ReplyDelete