Wednesday, April 22, 2009

speaking of Earth Day

Last night, my sorority's alumnae chapter hosted a speaker on closet organization and decluttering your space. When I got home, I had a wee bit of energy in me (could it have been the wine?) and decided that at 11:00pm what I really needed to do was refold all of my tshirts and reorganize my closet. As I was going through my closet I noticed something. Last year, I was a bigger size than I am now. Consequently, I have a good amount of clothes that look great but no longer fit me. I have some articles of clothing that I never even got to wear and can't be returned. I am sure that I am not the only blogger in this situation. (Most women only wear about 20% of what they own, 80% of the time.) Since we post about clothes we love and it seems that a lot of us have similar tastes, I thought it might be a fun idea to host a clothing freecyle. We can all post items that we have with sizes and pictures and see if anyone wants them. Depending on the items, after listing, selling, and paypal fees, you might not make anything off them on ebay, and this way it's less hassle and you know your items are going to someone who will use them. And how great would it be knowing that you got that dress to wear to your roommate's wedding for free thanks to a fellow blogger? What does everyone think? Would anyone want to participate in this? I would be happy to host it here if people are interested. I have a few items that are up for grabs and will be posting them here later this week.


And while you're realizing that you have clothes to get rid of and want to buy more to replace them, remember that you have until midnight tonight to get 20% off your purchase from Ball and Buck with code WHALEFLIPFLOPS ED.

14 comments:

  1. the clothing swap sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think this is a great idea! i have so much great stuff that hasn't sold on ebay that i had to give/throw away

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely do this! This is a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya - I like the idea...and I left an award for you on my blog!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clothing swap sounds good :) let me know.. xxooo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just cleaned out my closest and took them to a second hand store! What are the odds. Great idea though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure, I have a few things to get rid of!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea! And what a great time to do it - earth day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have such a hard time parting with my clothes, but I know I need to get rid of some things... sounds like a fun way to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in dire need of cleaning my closet, but I always convince myself that my daughter can wear it later! However, I can probably part with items from GAP, as long as I save the Lilly and Marc Jacobs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. first of all.. congratulations on being one size smaller! secondly, a clothing swap sounds amazing! i'm embarrassed about how much clothing I have (and never wear!)

    ReplyDelete