Monday, April 13, 2009

And I'm back!

I got a worried text message from one of my sisters this morning telling me "it's 11am, why haven't you blogged yet? is everything ok?" I didn't think I was that addicted to blogspot. Apparently I am. Good to know. I hope everyone had a lovely Easter/Passover. Mine was fairly uneventful. I discovered that I lost more weight, which motivated me to work out a lot more. A lot more. It's ok, it's not like I needed to lift my arms over my head for any reason whatsoever. Logged in a bunch of phone time with TLS once again. He's becoming British Telecom's favorite person. Sunday night, two of my guy friends came for dinner as arranged. I made charoset cake with zabaglione sauce for dessert, and I have to say that it was amazing. I would eat this even if it wasn't Passover. Considering the first ingredient in it is matzah, which I hate, that says a lot. I was going to make matzah fried chicken from one of Martha Stewart's Passover recipes, and all I have to say is that Martha owes me an hour of my life, a box of matzah, and a 4 pack of chicken breasts. It was so gross. The matzah burned quickly while the chicken was completely uncooked on the inside. Thankfully, I had extra, unused chicken breasts, so I just threw the gross ones out and make grilled chicken with mustard and mayo with some help from the boys. That was good. So was the wine they brought. As I've mentioned on here before, I really do not fit in to the Russian Jewish community here at all and don't really socialize within that circle. I've lived here for over 18 years, and aside from the blonde ponytail and the cheerleading uniform, I'm as American as apple pie. One problem that I have with Russian people is their need to know everything about your life. There are certain things that I will not share. I don't talk about money. Unless we are moving in together or something like that, there is no good reason for you to ask me how much I make or what my rent is. (If you are looking to move to my neighborhood and want to see what my rent is to gage if you can afford to live here or not, then that is another story.) The two guys who came over last night are both Russian. During dinner, one of them told me that he really likes my apartment (I managed to find the only studio in Brooklyn with a walk in closet and a built in bar) and asked me if I mind telling him what I pay a month in rent for my place. To which I responded with my usual "yes, actually, I do mind." Then he told me that I was being rude and that it's not a personal question. Umm seriously? You're a guest in my house. I made you dinner. If I don't want to tell, then I don't want to tell. It's my business. Ladies, was I really being rude or am I right about this one?

Tonight, I have another date with the boy anomaly/not-boyfriend also known as J. He has been planning this for a few weeks and asked me like 50 times if I'm 100% sure I'm free tonight. He won't tell me what we're doing and says that it's a surprise, but I'm almost positive I know what it is, which excites me greatly. I'm wearing my white Lilly swiss dot Kelly shirt, black Revas, grey trouser jeans from Ann Taylor Loft (dressy enough that no one at work can tell I'm wearking jeans and I pass the dress code!), and a beige Tory jacket. I'm so excited for tonight. I have to stop by Sephora first to return a mascara that my mother got me. The only brand I wear is Fiberwig and they recently came out with this for your lower lashes:

The Tiny Sniper, $15. I saw an ad for this and was intrigued. Has anyone tried this? I don't know if I would ordinarily spend $15 on such a small tube, but being that I have the one that my mother got me, I may exchange it for this one if the Sephora I'm going to has one. Expect a review tomorrow morning.

9 comments:

  1. Ok def not rude about the rent situation! It is nobody's business what you pay if YOU don't want it to be!
    Also, CUTE outfit! Have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTF kind of idiot boy comes over for free food and then is critical? Has he been hanging out with my mother?

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. it is crucial to my health and well-being that you get these Monday Morning blogs in before 10am CST - or else I have to sit at my desk and do real work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He was rude for asking and more so for complaining when you politely declined!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to hear about the big date!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to know where you he is taking you. Be sure to get up bright and early to blog about it so I'm not in suspense lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think it's rude at all to keep your rent and money stuff to yourself. He should be happy you made dinner. At least the wine was good and you salvaged the chicken ;)

    I hope you have a great date. The outfit you're wearing sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you were not being rude; that is a rude question to ask and then for him make a big deal about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. eww i didnt hear about this part of the dinner- that's so obnoxious. not just asking about money stuff (which I'll concede, is just a trend among bk russians) but on top of it getting pissed you didnt reply?! that's ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete