Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I'm in love with this dress

So I have been lusting over this dress on the Lilly website all week and have been hoping to have an excuse to buy it.



Dollface asked what I'm wearing to Phantom of the Opera and I realized that I may now have an excuse to buy this dress! I don't know if it's a little too brunchy for a Thursday night, what do you ladies think? Can I make it work with heels and the right accessories or should I go with someone else?

For anyone who is a newer follower, I am absolutely obsessed with Phantom of the Opera. I have already seen it three times on Broadway, and watch the movie once every two weeks or so. J knows this about me so the fact that he said he's getting us tickets has earned him major points in my book. :)

12 comments:

  1. I might do something a little more "nighttime" for the opera. JMO though. Love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you can ever go wrong with Lilly! If you love it then you are going to feel great no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO Cute! I'd go with something more night time though. That would be perfect for brunch, a bridal shower, a wedding, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is gorgeous! We haven't got it at my store yet. The funny thing is that my roommate got an almost identical dress in white at Old Navy last year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw that dress for the first time in a Lilly email- cute! Let us know what you decide!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dress...too cute!!
    ps i left you a little something on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe!!! Now you do have an excuse ... the opera! And, you could glam it up to make it super fussy for the opera or dress it down for later wears. Girlie, you've been three times ... you know if you can make it work or not!!! Xoxo-BLC

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should definately buy that dress and wear it to the opera!!

    Thanks for the comment on my blog. I think I can make magnets out of the ceramic pieces....I just have to find magnet pieces that are strong enough. Thanks so much for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love the dress! I think it would work fine for the Opera! Hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the color. Most people wear black, you will stand out and be complimented without a doubt. It will be all about the accessories if you take it. It looks like it maybe made of linen? In which case you may want to look at a different dress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Only funny the post after - You should instead go w/ a LBD. Ha. I like it, but I think its too cold to rawk it for the theatre tho. Maybe in June.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that dress is lovely and you can wear it plenty of other places. I also think you can glam it up for the opera!

    That is so great that J knows how much you love Phantom and is getting you the tickets!

    ReplyDelete